Dubai Silicon Oasis | DSO Business Setup Services
Dubai Silicon Oasis was established by the Government of Dubai in 2004, and is one-of-its-kind Free Zone reputed for world-class innovation, design, and development in the field of photovoltaic, nanotechnology, electronics optoelectronic technology, and supporting industries providing equipment and materials for the production of information and communications technologies using semiconductors. It is the only technology park in the UAE to provide integrated living and working community.
DSO was setup as a global and collaborative initiative to facilitate and promote modern technology-based industries in the Middle East, and provide the world’s best business climate to the entire electronics value chain in the form of highly educated personnel and access to shared capital.
Spread across 7.2 square kilometres, DSO is superbly governed by Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) and enjoys advanced public, industrial, living & residential, commercial, and education facilities. Dubai Silicon Oasis aims at attracting companies engaged in Semiconductor Manufacturing, Electronic Manufacturing Systems, Microelectronics, Fabless IC Design, Test & Assembly, and optoelectronics related enterprises.
Strategically located in Dubai at the trade junction of Europe & Asia, DSO is easily accessible from Dubai's International Airport, Jebel Ali Port & port Rashid, and central business district making it a popular investment destination. Dubai Silicon Oasis has lived up to its economic diversification strategy and has successfully transformed UAE into a knowledge-based economy by positively impacting almost all economic sectors including trade and services, finance, employment and banking, etc.
Business Setup in Dubai Silicon Oasis
Companies operating within the Dubai Silicon Oasis Free Zone avail wide range of free zone incentives and additional benefits; like 100 per cent ownership, advanced IT network, and business-friendly environment specifically designed for the technology industry. Therefore, company formation in Dubai Silicon Oasis is dream come true for anyone associated with the technology domain, and as a result, popular global companies have their presence in DSO, including AMD, Fujitsu, Henkel, Nortel Networks, Philips, Schneider Electric, Synopsys, Wavetec and Western Digital, among others.
Business setup in Dubai Silicon Oasis has also received substantial boost due to its dynamic commercial and social environment, and presence of advanced industrial zones, office towers, villas & apartments, R&D units, educational institutions, and healthcare units. The DSO facilities include:
- "Plug and Play" offices and R&D centres
- Advanced logistics facilities including light industrial units, operational warehouse units, high-bay warehouses, and industrial spaces
- Shovel ready industrial land plots of varying sizes
- Excellent conference facilities including meeting rooms and lecture facility for executive presentations
- Shops, amenities and restaurants
Why DSO for Business Formation?
Company incorporation in Dubai Silicon Oasis is a lucrative proposition due to excellent business infrastructure, liberal government policies and the following reasons:
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% personal and corporate tax exemptions
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Competitive pricing
- No customs duty
- No quotas or trade barriers
- State-of-the-art IT infrastructure – fibre rings, Wi-Fi coverage, on-site data centre, high speed Internet access, and full suite of services with tier-3 data centre
- Plug and play offices
- Subsidized top-end EDA tools
- Faster processing of employee visas
- Hassle-free customs clearance
- Business support and conference facilities
- Stringent IP laws and support
- Thriving urban community with core technology zone, surrounded by a master-planned residential environment, consisting of villas, technologically advanced commercial and residential high-rise buildings
- Fast-track process for business setup
- Dedicated business support services including integrated online E-business system offering tenants fast and efficient services at the touch of a button
- Access to a talented pool of technical and engineering professionals
- Stable and clear regulation laws
- Access to 5 billion consumer market with tourists from Middle East, North Africa and Indian Subcontinent
Types of Legal Entities in Dubai Silicon Oasis
DSO offers a lucrative value chain to investors in the form of multiple incentives and allows an individual or a corporate entity to register business in any of the following legal forms:
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – FZE is an entity with a single shareholder (an individual or a corporate), which can be setup with a minimum capital investment of AED 100,000
- Free Zone Company (FZC/FZCO) – FZC is an entity with 2 to 5 shareholders (individual or corporates) and needs a minimum capital investment of AED 100,000 for company formation
- Branch of a Foreign Company- Any UAE or foreign based company can register its branch in the DSO without any capital investment on the condition that it conducts same business activity as the parent company
- Branch of a Local Company
Business Licensing Segments in DSO
Dubai Silicon Oasis is the hub for companies belonging to the semiconductor sector, both regionally and internationally. Additionally, the Dubai Silicon Oasis free zone focuses on the companies belonging to any of the following hi-tech sectors:
- Alternative Energy
- Consultancy & Business Development
- Data Centre
- EDA Tools
- Electrical Appliances & Equipment
- Engineering Related to Technology
- Finance Institutions
- General Activities
- IC Design
- Information Technology and Localization of Technologies
- IP Protection
- IT Security
- Law Firms
- Mobile Technologies
- Oil and Gas
- Software Development & Solutions or Software-as-a-Service (SAAS)
- Talent Development and Recruitment
- Telecommunications Equipment
Types of Licenses Issued for Company Formation in DSO
Based on the type of business activity to be performed, three types of business licenses are issued in Dubai Silicon Oasis by the DSOA:
- Service License - Allows the registered entities (like accounting firms, business consultants, and lawyers) to carry out services specified by the DSOA
- Industrial License - Allows the registered entity to import raw material, manufacture, process, assemble, package and export the finished product
- Trade License - Allows the registered entity to import, export, and distribute the items specified in the license
- Business Operation Permit: This is a special permit given to companies by Dubai Economic Department (DED) operating under the areas owned by private
- Entrepreneurial Business Licence (EBL): EBL is a low-cost license that offers a lesser business stake, and is designed to offer wide range of support resources and services to budding entrepreneurs who are members of DSO’s incubator program
Business Set Up Process in Dubai Silicon Oasis
There is a lot to do for business incorporation in DSO, like choosing appropriate legal business structures, deciding the business activity, getting required staff, creating detailed business plan, etc. Company formation in Dubai Silicon Oasis is easy for companies that understand the DSOA’ pre-defined rules and regulations, and plan their business decisions accordingly, however you need to be sure that all the procedures are followed in accordance to the UAE laws, as a slight error can elongate the business set up process unnecessarily.
Therefore, getting a professional help from reliable business partners like Commitbiz is preferred, as they are well-versed with the required legal formalities pertaining to employment, getting office or residential space on lease, capital requirements, business registration and licensing, dispute resolution, getting visa, etc., thus making the entire company formation process easy and streamlined.
Commitbiz makes the business setup process in Dubai Silicon Oasis hassle-free by easing clients from the company incorporation responsibility and sparing them from the trouble of getting engaged in legal formalities and bureaucratic red tape. Additionally, we help our clients with the following documents formalities:
- Audited financial report / Bank statement / reference letter
- Application Form
- Business plan of the company
- Letter of Intent
- NOC ( only for UAE residents)
- Original bank letter mentioning the share capital
- Passport Copy(s)
Commitbiz for Company Incorporation in Dubai Silicon Oasis
Commitbiz has been helping investors belonging to the technology sector with company incorporation in Dubai Silicon Oasis, ensuring their unhindered business growth by taking care of their entire business formation process from start-to-finish. Operational transparency and customer centric procedures at Commitbiz ensure that our clients get all the amenities for business setup in this unmatched technology sector.
Our specialized team of expert consultants goes an extra mile to guarantee hassle-free company formation experience to our clients. Contact us for business setup in Dubai Silicon Oasis, our team will be glad to assist you.