Established in 2002 by the UAE Prime Minister and Dubai’s Ruler His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) lies in the heart of the city and is one of the numerous specialized ‘cities-within-a-city’ in Dubai meant for healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. Located beside Rashid Hospital in Bur Dubai, DHCC is at a stone’s throw distance from the serene environs of the Creek Side Park and Dubai Creek and is reachable through Sheikh Zayed Road from Al Ain and Abu Dhabi.
Owned and developed by Dubai Holding under its subsidiary Tatweer, this US$ 1.8 billion development has been designed to promote medical tourism and consists of a cluster of pharmaceutical offices, private hospitals, rehabilitation centers, medical teaching institutions, research centers, clinics, and spas. Additionally, DHCC has 5-star hotels, apartments, and villas for residential purposes, surrounding an artificial lake.
DHCC is dedicated to excellence in healthcare and patient care across multiple specialties and is constantly adding new services and expertise under its wing to establish itself as the pioneer in global healthcare. The entire gamut of medical services is delivered at Dubai Healthcare City by eminent healthcare professionals who follow international quality standards to provide the best medical help to the patients.
Benefits of Setting Up a Business in Dubai Healthcare City Free Zone
- 100% tax exemption
- 100% foreign ownership
- No corporate or income tax
- No customs duty
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- No quotas or trade barriers
- Option to get a clinic on lease or purchase
- Networking and connectivity with global brands/customers
- Coverage of the entire healthcare value chain
Types of Business Licenses Available in DHCC
The cost for licensing and registration varies for ‘new company set up’ and ‘branch setup’. There are 3 types of business licenses available in DHCC:
How to Set Up a Business in DHCC?
Many foreign companies get free zone registration in DHCC for a number of reasons. But to register for the same, a certain process needs to be followed. There are some major points the companies should be aware of while setting up a business in Dubai free zone. The company incorporation will depend on the type of license that the company is acquiring. It can be a commercial, medical or service license. Also, the company must have 2 directors and a minimum of 1 shareholder while forming a company. The shareholder must be a resident of Dubai free zone and the company should conduct meetings with the shareholders at least once a year. The overview of the procedure to start a business in DHCC is as follows:
Procedure to Set Up a Business in DHCC
- Submit an application for provisional approval
- Submit a copy of the business plan to the free zone authorities
- Submit legal documents for company registration
- Provide the board resolution of natural shareholders
- Pay the requisite fee
- The license will be issued after analyzing every document and will be given to you within 2-4 weeks
Documents Required to Set Up a Business in DHCC
For a new company setup:
- Proof of trade name reservation and initial approval for the activities
- Passport copies of the shareholders
- Passport copy and résumé of the manager
- Personal Information sheet for each shareholder and manager
- Documents for lease agreement [it is mandatory to have a physical business/office address in the UAE for company setup]
- Attested and notarized Memorandum of Association/Articles of Association from the UAE Embassy at the place of origin (only for corporates)
- An attested and notarized power of attorney appointing a business advisor as your legal representative to act on your and/or shareholders behalf
- Attested and notarized certificate of registration or incorporation, and business license of your existing company/entity by the UAE Embassy (only for corporates)
- A physical address for your business
For branch setup:
- Passport copies and personal information sheet of the manager and shareholders, along with the résumé of the manager (the manager must have a university degree)
- Proof of trade name reservation for the new branch and initial approval sheet for the activities performed by each shareholder and manager
- Initial approval proof for the activities to be performed in the new branch
- Notarized Memorandum of Association/Articles of Association of your existing main branch at the place of origin by a UAE public notary
- The lease agreement of the new branch [it is mandatory to have a physical UAE business address with a minimum of 60 sq. m space]
- Existing company or entity’s certificate of registration/incorporation or license, duly attested and notarized by the UAE Embassy
- Board resolution of the directors of your existing company at the place of origin showing the expression of interest for establishing a branch of the existing entity in DHCC (only for corporate shareholders)
- Company profile of your main branch (only for corporate shareholders)
- Your physical business address
All the above documents must be submitted to Dubai Healthcare City free zone authority.
Why Set Up a Business in DHCC?
Health is a common concern worldwide, and Dubai Healthcare City free zone has become the destination of choice for individuals and families facing health issues and looking for excellent healthcare, and for medical institutions and practitioners capable of delivering innovative solutions in patient care. Dubai healthcare offers advanced multi-disciplinary preventive, maintenance, and rehabilitation medical services for diabetes, cardiology, oncology, etc. and is a cherished investment destination among the medical community.
Dubai Healthcare City delivers conventional diagnostic and treatment services of international standards in a highly convenient setting equipped with modern outpatient facilities, surgical clinics, analytical and diagnostic laboratories, state-of-the-art surgical suites, and commercial offices. Additionally, it houses various specialty hospitals, physician offices, rehabilitation centers, general hospitals, and ambulatory surgery centers. Apart from this, there are many reasons on why you can set up your business of healthcare in Dubai; some of these are listed below:
- Access to a network of regional healthcare professionals
- Availability of flexible real estate options as per one’s requirements
- High-tech facilities
- Integrated healthcare community providing specialized first-class medical care
- Low operational costs
- Access to top-notch specialized medical care
- Access to the best quality of medical equipment, devices and a global network of doctors
- Access to a practice, education & research network
Predefined rules and regulations, as specified by the DHCC, need to be followed for hassle-free business setup in Dubai Healthcare City. Company incorporation process gets easy if you get in touch with a reliable business partner like Commitbiz; we are well aware of the laws pertaining to employment, office lease, residential permits, licensing, business registration, capital, dispute resolution, etc., and know which authorities to contact, and how.
We take care of the entire business setup responsibility in DHCC along with the decision making and business planning, without letting the clients worry about the expansive company formation formalities or the bureaucratic red tape. We help our clients fulfill legal formalities, choose permissible business structures, get required residential and office space, hire staff, and decide their business activity type. Contact us today if you are planning to start a business in Dubai Healthcare City.
How many professionals work in the DHCC free zone?
How many hospitals are there in the DHCC free zone?
When was the DHCC established?
Which department governed the Dubai Health care City (DHCC)?
Dubai Health Care City Authority.
Can I apply for a DHCC license online?