Dubai a spectacular city of innovation and technology which has free zones for the development of every sector of the city. DuBiotech is a Dubai Free zone which was established with the aim of developing biotechnology and research. The Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park (DuBiotech) was launched in the year 2005 by Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, making it a world attraction for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. This is the first free zone which is built and dedicated to the research and development of life science methods. DuBiotech invites and encourages companies and investors from all around the globe to form their biotech and other related companies in this free zone and contribute their work.
DuBiotech is subsidiary of the Dubai Government and is in accordance with the legislation of the UAE with all the international standards established by the Food and Drug Administration and the World Health Organization in the life sciences sector. The companies that are set up in the Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park are supported by the Dubai Government, together with the Foundation for Research and Innovation, for conducting research activities in medical, environmental and agricultural businesses.
Advantages of Setting Up a Business in DuBiotech
At present, DuBiotech is working on a grant policy that will benefit the companies in Dubai and positively influence the economy. DuBiotech is based on a Free Zone Model which offers various facilities at an accessible location.
Facilities at DuBiotech
- Executive offices which are fully furnished and equipped with business centers and meeting rooms, ideal for foreign companies. The workspaces here have the high-speed internet facility.
- There are work and office spaces according to the business needs of a company. There’s even a laboratory space shell designed to offer all the basic necessities for the research and development purposes.
- The labs have easy access to compressed gas lines and a vacuum system. They also have access to waste management and are fitted with high safety precautions.
- The free zone provides an affordable land leasing area for different sectors like manufacturing units, R&D facilities, training centers, warehousing, and storage, headquarter buildings, etc.
Free Zone Benefits
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of profits
- 100% tax-free operations for 50 years
- One-stop for government services
- Long-term lease facility with a minimum lease of 15 years
- Partners can avail easy company incorporation
- Special customs exemptions
- Fast-track visa services
Permissible Business Entities in DuBiotech
DuBiotech is one of the best spots for biomanufacturing companies. Such companies can set up their business in this Dubai Free Zone under any of the following 3 legal business forms:
1. Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ LLC)
A free zone limited liability company should have a minimum capital of AED 50,000, but for a company falling under one of these segments, the minimum capital required is AED 300,000:
- Manufacturing and Production Activity under the Therapeutics Segment
- Manufacturing and Production Activity under the Food Segment
- Manufacturing and Production Activity under the Agricultural, Forestry & Horticulture Segment
- Manufacturing and Production Activity under the Environment Segment
- Manufacturing and Production Activity under the Medical/Scientific Devices or Equipment Segment
- Manufacturing and Production Activity under the Specialty Supplies Segment
2. Branch of a UAE Based Company
The company should be registered under the UAE government and the individual or corporate person should be a resident of the UAE. There is no requirement of a minimum capital.
3. Branch of a Foreign Company
Any foreign-based company can open their branch in DuBiotech free zone without any minimum capital. The individual or corporate person need not be a resident of the UAE.
Types of Business Licensing Options in DuBiotech
DuBiotech or Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park provide different clusters for companies to penetrate in, such as:
- Agricultural, Forestry, Horticulture
- Medical/Scientific Devices or Equipment
- Specialty Supplies
- Diagnostics and Analysis
- Life Science Services
- Live Science Associations (non-profit)
In these sectors, companies have the following business licensing options:
- Marketing license
- Industrial Activity license
- Warehousing license
- Import and Re-export license
- Consultancy license
- Service Activities license
- Community Organizations license
Procedure for Business Registration
DuBiotech (Research and Business Park) has the same 3-step procedure for business registration, like all other Dubai free zones:
- Apply for registration
- Submit all the documents
- Collect the business license and lease agreement
Documents Required for Registration
|Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)||Branch (UAE or Foreign)|
|Business profile of individuals||Certificate of Registration|
|Passport copy of owners||Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA)|
|Manager’s valid passport copy||Board resolution|
|Board resolution||Manager’s passport copy and attested signature|
|Original banker's reference||Parent company's profile|
|Specimen signature of the manager|
|Original free zone company application|
Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park (DuBiotech) has now become the leading Life Sciences cluster in the Middle East with approximately 90 leading companies in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical devices, and agribusinesses that are licensed by DuBiotech and adding to the success of the free zone. This is the right time to invest your time and money in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and Commitbiz can ascertain it works out for you. Our team will handle all the business registration process including the licensing, VAT registration, employee visa services, availing the best work and lab facility, and all other legal formalities of a business at an affordable cost. Contact us, our team will be glad to help you.
When was the Dubai biotech research park launched?
It was launched in the year 2005.
What are the specialities of the labs in DuBiotech?
Compressed gas lines and a vacuum system are readily available in the labs. They also have access to waste management and are equipped with advanced safety features.
How is the long-term lease facility in the Dubai Biotechnology and Research Park free zone?
The minimum lease is for 15 years in this zone.
What are the licensing options in the park of Dubai Biotechnology?
We can get the following licenses in this zone: Marketing, Consultancy, Industrial Activity, Service Activities, Warehousing, Community Organizations, Import and re-Export.
Do we require a specimen signature of the manager for incorporating a DuBiotech company?
Yes, the specimen signature would be required for a Free Zone Limited Liability Company.