Tax Residency Certificate | Taxation in UAE
We provide tax efficient structures that help you reap maximum financial benefits from your investments, irrespective of your domicile!
Taxation in United Arab Emirates
In an era of globalization, businesses are no longer restricted to a single geographical territory, and are spread across the globe. As total income is contributed by different countries, each country wishes to tax the global income of its residents and the profits earned on its land. In order to curb double taxation and ensure that the business owners are not paying tax for the same income twice, countries like UAE have entered into Double Tax Avoidance Agreement (DTAA). Once DTAA is signed between two countries, it mandates tax authority to produce a tax residence certificate, which helps investors, individual residents claim the treaty benefits.
Double Tax Avoidance Agreement (DTAA)
UAE's Double Taxation Treaty (DTT) or DTAA is a bi-lateral agreement that preserves and upholds the interests of foreign investors and companies coming from other taxable jurisdictions, and investing in UAE. Any foreign company or national already paying taxes abroad for the profits earned in his/her business, can mitigate any potential tax burden in the UAE as a result of this treaty. Investing in UAE is 100% tax free, and the government does not impose any taxes through DTT on the business owners planning to setup their business in UAE.
Not just the Companies, but individuals who are fiscal resident in UAE for more than 180 days and can provide the documents requested by the ministry of Finance are eligible to use the advantages of the treaty.
UAE has signed Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement or Double Taxation Treaty (DTT) with the following countries:
|Bangladesh||Belarus||Belgium||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
How to get Tax Residency Certificate in Dubai/Abu Dhabi, UAE
Tax Residency Certificate in UAE is also known as “Tax Domicile Certificate”. It is issued by the UAE Ministry of Finance the governing body, to take advantage of the double taxation avoidance agreements signed between the foreign jurisdictions and the UAE. There are certain criteria to obtain Tax Residence Certificate in UAE, these are:
Eligibility for Tax Residence Certificate in Dubai
- Company operating in UAE Mainland
- Free Zone Company
- An Individual Investor/Business Owner
- An employed individual
- Offshore companies
- Non-employed individuals
Requirements to Avail Tax Residence Certificate
Companies / Corporates
- Trade License copy (valid for more than a year)
- Copy of a valid Lease Contract
- Copy of the Passport and Residence Visa of the authorized signatory (Manager/Director)
- Request Letter from the company
- Copy of Emirates ID for the authorized signatory(Manager/Director/Owner)
- Last 6 months Bank statement
- Audited Financial Statement
- AED 10106 + professional fees
- Valid copy of Passport and Visa
- Copy of Emirates ID card
- Request Letter from the applicant
- Certified Tenancy Contract
- Immigration report of residency
- Bank statement for the last 6 months
- Source of income/ Salary Certificate
- Certified Letter( NOC) from the existing Visa Sponsor
- AED 2,106 + professional fees
The validity of a Tax Residence certificate is one year.
Note: Dates can be chosen based on your requirement
How long does the process take?
The process of issuing tax residency certificate takes approximately 2 weeks to approve the application and up to 2 weeks for the delivery.
Obtaining TRC in UAE through our hassle free Service - Commitbiz
Commitbiz has vast experience in offering professional tax planning and structuring services for international clients. We can help you with the following:
- Suggesting right investment structure that adds value to your business
- Incorporating ideal tax structure for your business (setting up offshore companies, trusts and foundations, international business companies, hybrid entities, etc.) in any part of the UAE
- Using right jurisdiction and double taxation agreements to optimize your taxes and reduce withholding taxes on income, inheritance, capital gains, etc.
- Processing all statutory filings
- Meeting all regulatory tax requirements
If you need any help with tax residency certificate, feel free to Contact us. We will be glad to assist you.