The Bahrain Investment Wharf (BIW) is a hybrid industrial investment park situated in the Al Hidd Industrial Development Zone at Muharraq Island, located in proximity to BIIP, Khalifa bin Salman Port and Bahrain Logistics Zone BIW offers a strategic positional advantage for manufacturers, businesses and logistics services operating out of this area.
BIW is Bahrain's first and only privately owned & managed industrial investment park resulting from a Public-Private Partnership between "Inovest" and the Government of Bahrain represented by the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism (MOICT). This innovative project offers a mixed-use industrial area comprising seven different zones divided according to the type of operation. The zone comprises business spaces, logistics zones, information technology centres, commercial spaces and residential development estate.
The Objective of Bahrain Investment Wharf
BIW main objective is to contribute to Bahrain’s rapid industrial growth, attract FDI and diversify the national economy while integrating its operations with other industrial zones, ports and logistics hubs in the region. In addition to this, they are closely aligning themselves according to the national plans and initiatives of the Bahraini government that pave the way for achieving the Bahrain Economic Vision 2030.
Advantages of Setting up Business in Bahrain Investment Wharf
- 100 percent foreign ownership in most of the categories
- Exemption of corporate taxes
- No Personal and withholding taxes
- No requirement for Bahraini partners or shareholders or sponsor
- The LLCs and their shareholders are not subjected to any type of taxation in Bahrain
- Low minimum shared capital for shareholders & investors
- An LLC entity can hire expatriate staff in Bahrain
- No duties are imposed on the goods imported and exported from the free zone (this requires a Bahraini shareholder for trading and commercial activities)
Facilities at Bahrain Investment Wharf
1. Serviced Lands
The Bahrain Investment Wharf master plan offers 163 serviced plots with a total leasable area of 1,270,105 square meters for starting a Bahraini company. The city is specifically designed to accommodate a range of industries and businesses.
The serviced plots boast world-class Infrastructure inclusive of electricity, water, telecom, and sewerage services. Moreover, BIW's support services ensure the optimisation of industrial operations by facilitating day-to-day business needs.
2. Pre-built Commercial Spaces
The Bahrain Investment Wharf offers a pre-built commercial area and is home to a dedicated business park spread over 250,000 square meters. The area provides an environment that actively contributes to embracing, developing and promoting targeted economic sectors. Within the park, complete “ready to move in” commercial offices offer additional flexibility to SMEs and business start-ups looking for quality dedicated leasing space.
Additional services include:
- Common reception and concierge services
- 24-hour security
- Daily office cleaning service
- Equipped conference rooms
- Shaded parking
3. Pre-built Warehouses
The Bahrain Investment Wharf houses 90,000 square meters of pre-built warehousing sections and logistics zones for companies interested in registering their Bahraini business operations in this zone. The area houses a number of private and public warehouse sections that can be rented or leased according to the requirement. It is also home to Takhzeen, a dedicated self-storage facility providing businesses and individuals with state-of-the-art storage solutions. On a business front, this opens up a world of opportunity for small and medium enterprises seeking to save time and effort when it comes to setting up warehousing, small office and light industrial units such as workshops.
4. Takhzeen Self-Storage Facility
Takhzeen is the first self-storage facility in Salman Industrial City developed by the BIW subsidiary inside Al Hidd Industrial Development Zone on a land area of 20,000 sq. Meter in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Takhzeen has 826 specialised storage units ranging from 2.5 to 200 square meters, with a minimum tenancy term of one month specialises in providing personal, business and a variety of climate-controlled storage solutions with an eye to becoming the leading self-storage company in the region. Takhzeen services include unlimited 24-hour secured access, packaging products, etc.
5. BIW Business Park
Launched in 2007, the BIW Business Park is a 60,703 square meters business park within the Bahrain Investment Wharf developed in partnership with Inovest and Al Khaleej Development, costing the US $60 million project. The BIW business park offers commercial spaces to companies in various business sectors, such as telecommunications, financial services, call centres, hardware assemblers, media producers, and legal services. Facilities in the business park include completely pre-serviced lands with state-of-the-art infrastructure and end-end facility management services.
6. Hotel & Hospitality
The Bahrain Investment Wharf has a 19,000 square meter hotel facility, providing upscale facilities to allow longer-stay visitors of BIW. The hotel offers a fantastic ambience, excellent dining options, a 24-hour lobby lounge, and a state-of-the-art gym. The hotel is the ideal venue for conferences, equipped with the latest technology and meeting facilities. The hotel has a dedicated boat park.
7. BIW Labour Accommodations
Since its inception, Bahrain Investment Wharf has been keen on ensuring that the needs of residential requirements of businesses being established within the BIW are catered to with excellent services. The BIW Labour Accommodations is a model gated community that covers a total area of 120,000 square meters. The accommodation area is designed to provide communal facilities and services in a safe, secure, and hygienic living environment to accommodate more than 20,000 industrial workers serving in BIW and Salman Industrial City. Essential facilities include a supermarket, restaurant, clinic, and landscaped green zones.
Additional services include:
- 24-hour security
- Cleaning Services
- Common Dining Area
- Soccer Field and Basketball courts
- Money Exchange Offices
- Telecom service providers
Bahrain Investment Wharf is ideal for
- Logistics services
- Cold storage
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- General Trading
- Engineering Manufacturing
- Materials processing
- Consulting and management services
- Investment & holdings
- Property management & real estate
Companies operating out of Bahrain Investment Wharf
The majority of the companies operating out of Bahrain Investment Wharf usually use the W.L.L Company structure and B.S.C Closed Company structure to start their business operations in this industrial zone.
If you are interested in knowing how to start a company in the Bahrain Investment Wharf, Contact Us for any further information, we’d be glad to help you in your endeavours.
- Bahrain Medical & Industrial Gas Plants W.L.L
- Takhzeen Warehousing and Storage Co (Takhzeen) BSC Closed
- Wael Pharmacy Co. W.L.L
- Al Sabah International for Real Estate Development
- Kooheji Contractors W.L.L
- Ahli United Bank BSC Closed
- Al Bilad General Warehousing Co. W.L.L
- Al Mazaya Holding Co.
- Labour Accommodation Co. W.L.L
- Bahrain Artistic Frame Centre W.L.L
- Tamcon Contracting Co B.S.C. (Closed)
- Al Bilad Real Estate Investment Co.
- Kooheji Contractors W.L.L. & Kingdom Telecommunications Co. B.S.C.
- Hadi Hamad Al-Hammam Marine Services P.S.C
- Mega Marine Co. W.L.L
- Chateau Furniture
- Al Hamer Trading Est.
- Irina Tech Co. W.L.L
- AJ Properties W.L.L
- Orange Media Group OMG W.L.L
- Capital Ready-mix Concrete Co. W.L.L.
- Kavalani & Sons W.L.L.
- Pan Gulf Holding Co. W.L.L.
- Al-Rai Logistica Co.
- Al-Dhow Real Estate B.S.C.
- First Real Estate Co. W.L.L.
- Core Real Estate Projects Co. W.L.L.
- VK Universal Property Management Co.