With a purpose to cater to the demand of outsourcing companies in Dubai, the Dubai Outsource City free zone was launched in the year 2007. This place gives multiple organizations a reliable place to conduct outsourcing activities. Also called DOC, Dubai Outsource City supports HR outsourcing, IT outsourcing, back-office activities, call center operations, and business process outsourcing. Currently, there are over 120 companies housing in DOC for their back office and outsourcing activities. DOC provides the ideal platform, infrastructure, and facilities for companies wishing to set up an outsourcing business in the United Arab Emirates.
The region accommodates participation from a wide range of sectors including internet, technical support, multimedia software, marketing, advertising, telecommunication, IT sector and many more. Also, the geographical location of DOC is such that it is well-positioned to cater the offshore requirements from Europe, the US, Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
Benefits of Setting Up a Business in DOC
- 100% tax exemption
- Networking opportunities
- Cutting-edge infrastructure
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Communication infrastructure based on next-generation technologies
- Dynamic international communities
- Great opportunities for channel and market development
- Metro Ethernet environment
- No currency restrictions
Types of Entities Allowed in DOC
1. Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
An FZ-LLC is a separate legal entity with shareholders as individuals and/or corporates. The minimum capital requirement for incorporation depends upon the type of business activity you choose.
2. Branch of a Foreign or a UAE Company
A branch is a business legally dependent on its parent company. To establish a branch in DOC, having a minimum share capital to set up the business is not mandatory.
How to Set Up a Business in DOC?
Regardless of the type of company one wants to establish in Dubai Outsource City free zone, there are several rules and regulations related to both a limited liability company as well as a branch. In order to set up a business in DOZ, one should have a license. Commercial License, Service License, and Trade License are allowed in this zone. To get one of these licenses, one has to apply for the same to the free zone authorities. In this case, Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority (DTMFZA) is responsible for registration and establishment of a business in Dubai Outsource Free Zone. Along with it, one must also take into account the following:
- A minimum share capital of AED 300,000
- At least one shareholder (an individual or a company)
- At least one director
The procedure requires having a set of documents produced in front of the authorities. After the approval, you shall get the license with a certificate of incorporation. The procedure is as follows:
Procedure to Set Up a Business in DOC
- Submit an application form for approval
- Submit the legal documents required for company registration
- Sign the Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA)
- Deposit a share capital
- Sign and return the Customer Confirmation Letter and make the necessary payment
- Sign a lease and personnel sponsorship agreement
Documents Required to Set Up a Business in DOC
- Application form for company registration
- Color copy of passports of the manager/director(s)/shareholder(s)
- Application form for a license
- Business plan
- Personal details of the shareholder(s)
- Original Memorandum of Association (MOA) and/or Articles of Association (AOA)
- Board resolution
- Specimen signature of the manager
- Proof of share capital
- Registration fee and license fee
- Agreement of personnel secondment
- Certificate of Authorization for the GCC Standardization Organization (GSO)
Why Set Up a Business in DOC?
The common reason why investors come to the UAE is mainly to set up a business in Dubai free zone. Business owners looking to establish an outsourcing business in Dubai, DOC is an ideal location for them because the requirements of all the outsourcing activities are met within this zone. But before setting a business, it is also important to be aware of all the activities that are permitted in this zone. The list is as follows:
- Information technology management
- Customer care
- Transaction processing
- Document management
- Operations support
- Providers of property management services
- Hotels and leisure facilities
- Regional headquarters
Also, it is worth mentioning that the presence of global and regional companies is an additional advantage to form a company in this outsource zone. Some of the known companies include Adventity BPO, Air Travel Enterprise, Alwesal Marketing Management, Dulsco, MENA Business Services, etc.
The DOC free zone structure allows all outsourcing companies to regulate all their activities under one roof. It is not advisable for business people to take business formation in Dubai lightly because though it may be simple, it is not a very straightforward task. This is why it is gainful to refer to a business setup consultant in Dubai. Almost all Dubai free zone companies and other companies in the UAE were established with the help of business consultants in Dubai. Aside from the benefits, a business consultant takes you through the proper way of handling any corporate legality. At Commitbiz, we not only offer the answer to your question of “how to start a business in DOC free zone”, but also make it happen. Our staff will study your requirements and cater to your needs. Even more, we provide services that can assist you in having your business grow further. Contact us today, even it’s for a friendly advice.