One of the most beneficial methods for a business to generate profit is to outsource a part of its business. This part of the business will be outsourced to a location which will be away but will cost less as it will have better resources so this part of the business operation will cost less.
With the purpose to cater to this demand of outsourcing companies in Dubai, the Dubai Outsource City free zone was launched in the year 2007. The Outsource City gives multiple organizations a reliable place to conduct outsourcing activities. Also called DOC, Dubai Outsource City supports HR outsourcing, IT outsourcing, back-office activities, call centre operations, and business process outsourcing.
Currently, there are over 120 companies housing in DOC for their back office and outsourcing activities. DOC provides the ideal platform, infrastructure, and facilities for companies wishing to set up an outsourcing business in the United Arab Emirates.
The region accommodates participation from a wide range of sectors including internet, technical support, multimedia software, marketing, advertising, telecommunication, IT sector and many more. Also, the geographical location of DOC is such that it is well-positioned to cater for the offshore requirements from Europe, the US, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
Types of Business Entities to be registered in DOC Free Zone
Both foreign and local individuals can set up a company in DOC-free zone. The corporate structures allowed are as follows-
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC) – This business entity is formed as an independent legal entity with its shareholders. The minimum capital requirement depends on the business activities followed by the business. It includes the following-
- FZ-LLC with a corporate person as a shareholder
- FZ-LLC with natural and corporate person as a shareholder
- FZ-LLC with natural person as a shareholder
- Branch of a Foreign / UAE Company – A branch office is officially dependent on its home company, even if its place of concern is not in the leading company's headquarters. Under this, there is no mandate of minimum capital requirement.
Requirements to Set Up a Business in DOC?
In order to set up a business in DOZ, one should have a license. Commercial License, Service License, and Trade License are allowed in this zone. To get one of these licenses, one has to apply for the same to the free zone authorities. In this case, Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority (DTMFZA) is responsible for the registration and establishment of a business in the Dubai Outsource Free Zone. Along with it, one must also take into account the following:
- A minimum share capital of AED 300,000
- At least one shareholder (an individual or a company)
- At least one director
The procedure requires having a set of documents produced in front of the authorities. After the approval, you shall get the license with a certificate of incorporation. The procedure is as follows:
Procedure to Set up a Business in DOC Free Zone
Here are the steps required to register your business in the DOC-free zone.
- Select and register your company name
- Select a business entity (mentioned above)
- File for an application to the Free Zone Authority. It must include -
- Required details of the Applicants
- Business Plan
- Valid passport copies of shareholders, managers, directors, and legal representatives (if appointed).
- Certificate of business name registration
- Once all the documents are submitted, you must also obtain the business license
- For obtaining a license, you have to submit one more application to the officials
- After your documents have been approved, the next step is the selection of office space and payment of all the fees
- Pay fees of company registration and business license to the authorities
- To officially begin the business, sign and collect the following documents-
- Office Lease
- Articles and Memorandum of Association
- License and Certificate of Incorporation
Documents Required to Set Up a Business in DOC
- Application form for company registration
- Color copy of passports of the manager/director(s)/shareholder(s)
- Application form for a license
- Business plan
- Personal details of the shareholder(s)
- Original Memorandum of Association (MOA) and/or Articles of Association (AOA)
- Board resolution
- Specimen signature of the manager
- Proof of share capital
- Registration fee and license fee
- Agreement of personnel secondment
- Certificate of Authorization for the GCC Standardization Organization (GSO)
Why Set Up a Business in DOC?
The common reason why investors come to the UAE is mainly to set up a business in Dubai free zone. Business owners looking to establish an outsourcing business in Dubai, DOC is an ideal location for them because the requirements of all the outsourcing activities are met within this zone. But before setting up a business, it is also important to be aware of all the activities that are permitted in this zone. The list is as follows:
- Information technology management
- Customer care
- Transaction processing
- Document management
- Operations support
- Providers of property management services
- Hotels and leisure facilities
- Regional headquarters
Also, it is worth mentioning that the presence of global and regional companies is an additional advantage to forming a company in this outsource zone. Some of the known companies include Adventity BPO, Air Travel Enterprise, Alwesal Marketing Management, Dulsco, MENA Business Services, etc.
The DOC free zone structure allows all outsourcing companies to regulate all their activities under one roof. It is not advisable for business people to take business formation in Dubai lightly because though it may be simple, it is not a very straightforward task. This is why it is gainful to refer to a business setup consultant in Dubai. Almost all Dubai free zone companies and other companies in the UAE were established with the help of business consultants in Dubai. Aside from the benefits, a business consultant takes you through the proper way of handling any corporate legality.
At Commitbiz, we not only offer the answer to your question of “How to start a business in DOC free zone”, but also make it happen. Our staff will study your requirements and cater to your needs. Even more, we provide services that can assist you in having your business grow further.
Contact us today.
What type of business is done in the DOC fee zone?
DOC supports the following:
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- HR Outsourcing
- IT Outsourcing
- Call centre operations
Can I open a branch company in the DOC?
You can open a branch office in DOC only if you are a foreigner.
Can I hold my company as a shareholder in a business operating in the DOC free zone?
When was the DOC free zone established?