The United Arab Emirates has historically been a business hub. Over the past few years, the economic development of the country has been closely associated with the entrepreneurial spirit of the Emirati community. To further push innovation and foreign investment, the UAE authorities have set up special economic zones which allow businesses to thrive the minimal expenses and process.
Today we will be telling you about one of the most sought-after free zones in Abu Dhabi, i.e. the Industrial City of Abu Dhabi (ICAD). ICAD is situated just at the peripheries of Abu Dhabi. It was constructed and operated with the highest level of technological standards. The business opportunity in Abu Dhabi Industrial City (ADIC) is advanced for industrial and manufacturing-oriented corporations. Every business sector in the ADIC has the top-notch infrastructure, excellent transport connectivity, and excellent communication facility.
Advantages of Setting up a Business in ICAD
- Strategic geographical location on the Abu Dhabi outskirts
- Benefits from the utility connection
- Full repatriation of income and capital
- 100% foreign ownership
- Customs duty exemption on all imported and exported goods
- Incorporates the most advanced mean of communication networks
- Easy incorporation procedure
Industrial Clusters in ICAD
Every cluster incorporated in the Industrial City of Abu Dhabi has world-class facilities of infrastructure, reliable utility, and communication works. The free zone also provides several entry points and free-flowing junctions on fully developed roads, as well as logistics hubs and storage that makes easy and quick accessibility and reach to airports and ports of Abu Dhabi. The clusters that exist are –
- General Industries
- Engineering and Metals
- Oil and Gas Services
- Chemical and Plastic
- High-tech Industries
- Construction Materials
- Advanced Factory Units
ICAD Free Zones
Abu Dhabi Industrial Free Zone has more than 355 manufacturing companies which give employment to more than 30,000 employees. It is incorporated into five different industry clusters or zones. They are –
Heavy-to-medium manufacturing, engineering and processing industries, including metal products, construction materials, fibreglass and plastics assembly. ICAD I extends over an area of 14km².
Light-to-medium manufacturing, engineering and processing industries, including wood processing, engineering, oil and gas, construction materials, and chemicals
Light-to-medium engineering and processing business with an international focus and wood processing and engineering, chemicals and plastics, construction materials, high-tech industries, food and textiles are the key target sectors for this zone.
Light-manufacturing and technology-based industries
Automobile or automotive manufacturing-based industries
How to Register a Business in ICAD Free Zone?
The steps to set up your business in ICAD are –
- Determine economic activity so that you can go ahead with obtaining the business license from the free zone authorities
- Determine the legal structure for your business
- Decide on the trade name before obtaining the initial approval
- Once the business name is chosen, and the trade name certificate is obtained, proceed to the next step of securing initial approval from ICAD authority
- Secure additional approval from other authorities if your business activity needs one
- Obtain a license and pay fees
Once you get the license, you can start your business.
The documents needed to start your ICAD business are –
- Proof of business name reservation
- Initial Approval from Industrial City Authority
- Passport copies of all shareholders
- Passport and CV copies of the appointed manager
- Agreement of the business facility lease
- Information sheet of all shareholders and the general manager
- POA (notarised and attested) – appointment of the legal representative
- Board resolution indicating the intention of company formation in ICAD
How can we help?
We at Commitbiz are well-versed with the legal proceedings required to register your business in ICAD free zone. Our team of professionals have years of experience in this field and can make the process hassle-free. Right from business incorporation to office space, we cover it all.
Contact us today for more information.