Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) is one of the largest projects in the UAE and was established in 2006 with the aim to contribute to the prosperity of Abu Dhabi by increasing trade and inbound investment. It is the regulatory body which controls all the trade and master development of the Khalifa Port.
The main motive of ADPC is to create sustainable growth that boosts and diversifies the economy of Abu Dhabi by developing its infrastructure, real estate and business service in accordance with the private sector. The primary objective of the Abu Dhabi Port is to develop the Khalifa Port and all other ports (Except the Oil & Gas and Military ports) and related infrastructure in the emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The Khalifa Port is strategically built between Dubai and Abu Dhabi, in Taweelah, which covers 2.7 sq. kilometres of the area. and is the first semi-automated port in the UAE. It is the first semi-automated port in the Khalifa Port and the companies are benefited from its best-integrated information and communication technology (ICT) and automated marine services. Its wide and well-built connectivity provides access to 52 international maritime ports and to around 4.5 billion people within 4 different time zones. Khalifa port in Abu Dhabi has over 20 shipping lines to support and develop trading at present.
Why Set Up a Business in Abu Dhabi Port?
By serving its primary purpose of developing transformational industrial zones and managing the Khalifa Ports and marine lines, Abu Dhabi Port or ADPC is also focused on the future economic development of the emirate of Abu Dhabi through:
- Provision of world-class integrated ports and industrial zone services
- Its role in the realization of Abu Dhabi Vision 2030
- Developed and maintenance of long-term relationships with leading local and international customers
- Achievement of sustainable development along with supporting community needs and preservations of local values
- Choice of foreign hiring
- The port's safety and security, which do not compromise on the risk-free running of operations
- Integrity and fair ethical standards
- Sustainable development
- Commitment to community needs
- Long-term economic viability
Types of Licenses in Abu Dhabi Port
The various types of licenses which are available at the Abu Dhabi Port are as follows:
1. Trade License
Companies that are legally incorporated outside the UAE and involved in import-export activities can opt for a trade license. A company does not require any special authorization from the Department of Economic Development (DED) for this.
2. Industrial License
A free zone incorporated company that has its activities in the industrial production of goods is granted an industrial license. An industrial license allows the company to import raw materials and other products for manufacturing purposes and import the finished & packed goods outside the country.
3. Service License
Companies that provide services like banking, management consultancy or other professional services can go for a service license in the UAE. These companies do not require a separate license from the DED.
4. National Industrial License
Companies that are granted a National Industrial License have the same status as that of a local or a Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) company in the UAE. Any company looking to carry out its operations in the manufacturing sector can opt for a National Industrial License.
How to Set Up a Business in Abu Dhabi Ports Company?
To start its business in ADPC, a company can follow these steps:
- An application should be filled out and submitted to the Free Zone Authority, along with the requested documents.
- The application will be registered at the registration office and the date of submission will be noted down.
- Once the applicant has met all requirements and the requisite fee has been paid, the relevant license shall be issued.
- One may oppose the rejection of their application. The Free Zone Authority shall review the opposition and issue its final decision within 30 days from the date of submitting the opposition. If a decision is not issued within 30 days from the date of submission, the opposition will be considered to have been rejected.
Abu Dhabi Port Company (ADPC) is a good spot for industries and trading companies. It is well supported by a great infrastructure bringing better business growth and expansion opportunities.
Commitbiz can help you in the business set up in ADPC by taking the burden of your company registration, licensing, banking and other legal formalities which need to be completed according to the guidelines.
Contact us for effortless company registration in Abu Dhabi Port-free zone.
When was the Abu Dhabi Port Company established?
The Abu Dhabi Port Company was established in the year 2006.
How many ports are there in total in Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC)?
There are in total 11 ports functioning in ADPC.
How many awards has the ADPC received in the past?
The ADPC has received more than 60 different awards in the past.
Which is the Flagship port in the ADPC?
The Khalifa Port is the flagship port in the ADPC
Is Cruise available in Abu Dhabi Port Company?
Abu Dhabi Cruise Terminal opened its first gates in Zayed Port in 2015, and its second cruise destination was opened in the Emirates at Sir Bani Yas Cruise Beach in the year 2018.