It is no new that you are hearing about UAE being the best business destination. The nation deserves it all. The efforts taken by each emirate to enhance its presence is humongous and has definitely been beneficial for enthusiasts who are looking for a business setup in UAE free zones.
A Brief on ADAFZ Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi Business Centre was incorporated to persuade significant improvement in the Emirates Aviation sector. SkyCity, a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Airports Company, is responsible for developing the Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone (ADAFZ), a comprehensive business park near Abu Dhabi International Airport.
It offers regular free zone benefits, like, world-class infrastructural facilities, tax exemptions, 100% foreign company ownership, etc. to investors belonging to Aviation, Airport services, Aerospace, Logistics, Cargo and Freight sectors.
- Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone is one of the UAE’s most financially and strategically prominent free zones and a premium metropolis built around the Abu Dhabi International Airport.
- It is spread over an area of more than 1 square kilometre. It includes five commercial districts under its administration: Logistics Park, Business Park, Destination Village, Al Falah District, and Airport City.
- The freezone provides comprehensive warehousing, fully serviced office solutions, and several other significant and unique advantages.
The all-inclusive environment in the Airport free zone also comprises recreational, residential, retail, and lifestyle facilities, letting businesses and their employee’s function and flourish long-term. Companies are offered opportunities to operate from a genuinely empowering platform, located at the centre of one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, with easy access to a market of over 4 billion, spread across the Middle East and the Asia Pacific.
Types of Business Entities in the Airport Free Zone of Abu Dhabi
The Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone permits three main types of corporate entities. They are –
Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC) Corporate - A company or a legal entity formed by a corporate or business entity. The minimum capital requirement depends on the activity.
Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC) Natural/Individual - A company or a legal entity formed by a natural person or an individual. The minimum capital requirement depends on business activity.
Branch of a Foreign Company - A branch of an existing foreign or local company in Dubai Airport Free Zone. No minimum share capital is required.
Target Sectors in ADAFZ Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone resolves to create a unique and preferred business destination for international and local organisations in the following sectors:
- Airport services
- IT & Telecommunication
- Consultancy management
- Light industries
- Marketing & Events
Other service providers engaged in aviation-friendly and light industrial activities seeking to gain advantage from proximity to the airport for import and export purposes.
Documents Required for AFZA Company Registration
The documents required for company formation in Abu Dhabi Free Zone are:
- Trade name reservation proof
- Initial approval proof
- Shareholders and manager passport copies
- CV of the manager
- Shareholder and manager personal information
- Lease agreement
- Additional approvals (if necessary)
Business Setup in Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone
The Abu Dhabi free trade zone offers a simple and efficient procedure to start a business for a local or an ex-pat. The period for processing and approving your business setup will vary from 2-3 weeks, depending on the type of activity and the license required for the same. The procedure is as follows:
1. Initial Approval
To get the initial approval, the following documents are required:
- Completed application form
- Business plan
- Copy of existing trade license/registration certificate (if you are a current company)
- Color passport copies of the company’s shareholder(s) and the appointed manager for the new ADAFZ company
- two2 years of audited financial reports for a corporate entity or a certificate of reference from a personal bank of the individual shareholder
After getting the initial approval, register your business with the free zone authorities. This includes:
Payment of registration fee of AED 5,000 or AED 7,500, together with a license fee ranging from AED 15,000 to AED 50,000, depending on whether a service, trade or manufacturing license is required
- Submission of the completed application for registration
- Board resolution appointing the Manager notarised and attested
- Power of Attorney given to the Manager, notarised and attested
- Memorandum & Articles of Association (MAA), notarised and attested
- Specimen signature of the Manager, notarised and attested
- Passport-size photo of the Manager in a white background
3. Licensing and Visa Process
The final step is to acquire a license and start the visa process. This includes:
- Signing the lease agreement
- Issuance of the business license once the above has been completed
- Visa processing
License Cost in Airport Free Zone
|Activity||Cost in AED|
|Oil and Gas||10000|
|General Trading License||15,000|
If you are looking for a consultant to start your business, we at Commitbiz offer you top-class business set-up services. Our staff studies your requirements and caters to your needs. What’s more, we even provide support services that can assist you in growing your business further.
Contact us today, even if it’s as friendly advice.
What are the licenses available in AFZA?
The three licenses available in AFZA are
How long will it take to incorporate a company in Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone?
It depends on the chosen activity. Generally, between 2 to 3 weeks.
Does AFZA have Customs duty?
No, there is no customs duty.
What type of legal entities are there in the airport free zone of Abu Dhabi?
Totally three, and they are
Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC) Corporate
Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC) Natural/Individual
Branch of a Foreign Company
Is physical address mandatory for AFZA company formation lease document?
Yes, it is mandatory.