Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi is the world’s biggest free zone established to attract logistics, trade companies, and manufacturing to operate in the industrial zone. The Khalifa zone possesses an extensive portfolio of investment sectors including automotive, port logistics, aluminium, food processing, pharmaceuticals, polymer converting, engineered metals, packaging, and various others industries that are dependent on Khalifa Port.
KIZAD is a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Ports, is situated inside easy reach of both Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Companies can be set up at the Entrepreneurship and Incubation Centre, offering cost-effective workspaces, offices, and licensing options to improve the entrepreneurship and SME ecosystem in the UAE.
KIZAD was built to provide 15% of the Emirate's non-oil GDP by the year 2030. The Free Zone is intended to meet the most important standards of infrastructure, logistics and investor guide, and built right next to the Khalifa Port, linked to the UAE's primary road networks. KIZAD's major success lies in supporting these infrastructural advantages with utilities, solutions and world-class end-to-end support services in a fertile, business-friendly, tax-free environment.
Benefits of KIZAD Free Zone Business Setup
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- 100% foreign ownership
- 0% import and export duties
- 100% personal income tax exemption
- No currency exemption
- Low operational cost
- Easy access to market
- Facilities to suit all business types
- Strategic location connecting East and West
Who is KIZAD Free Zone For?
- Established Trading Ventures
- Industrial Ventures
- High Growth Trading Startups
- Logistics Companies
Types of Licenses in KIZAD Free Zone
KIZAD free zone gives opportunities for all kinds of business forms by providing them with different types of business licenses like:
- Industrial License
- Trading License/General Trading License
- Service License
Company Types in KIZAD Free Zone
- Limited Liability Company
- Branch Office of an Existing Company
Procedure to Start a Company in KIZAD Free Zone
The key steps to starting a business in Khalifa Free Zone Abu Dhabi are as follows-
- Determine the legal entity. The corporate structure must be selected according to the business that you choose to do.
- Register your business name. The finalized name must not be similar to an existing company name in the UAE.
- Get an initial approval. Once you get the Certificate of Business Name, getting initial support from the Abu Dhabi free zone authority is mandatory.
- Get approval from other authorities. Some of the economic activities need the approval only from the DED.
- Get a company license. The final step before commencing your business operation is obtaining your business license. There are different types of licenses depending on your business nature, and you can choose anyone.
Documents Required for Business Setup in KIZAD
- Copy of passport and photo with white background
- Visa copy
- Arabic NOC from the current sponsor applicable to the UAE residence
- Educational qualification degree certificate, attestation and translation to Arabic
- Application form for registering business and license
KIZAD has introduced a unique concept of DUAL license system which benefits free zone companies operating here. This system allows the free zone companies operating in this free zone have another license from Mainland Department of Economic Development Abu Dhabi, without requiring a UAE Local Service or Local Sponsor. Such Freezone companies taking dual license is not required to take additional physical office or tenancy agreement from mainland. Dual license is not available for branch of foreign company.
This system of the dual license is implemented by KIZAD to benefit company owners in KIZAD Freezone for getting the benefits of non-freezone area. The primary step to avail this advantage is to register Freezone Company in KIZAD. This freezone gives the lowest cost package to avail license in the UAE. After getting a Freezone license, the investor has to obtain No Objection Certificate (NOC) for getting an additional license from the mainland. In this system, the freezone permit has to be renewed prior to renewing of mainland license annually.
KIZAD gives the business people an optimum access to reach markets within the region and the world. There are many factors that influence the decision of where to establish and locate a company. KIZAD addresses the most important of these, such as low operating costs, efficient access to markets, and ease of doing business in a uniquely proactive way.
We at Commitbiz can help start a business in the UAE. Our advisors have developed comprehensive capabilities and have emerged as the chosen partner in several innovative and path-breaking initiatives undertaken by various businessmen across the world. Contact us today to know more.