In this competitive business world, every product or service has got its substitute. Be it a small product like soap or service delivered in a 5-star hotel; the end consumers have got a wide range of option to choose. Different companies under the same industry end up implementing different tactics and strategies to grab customer attention. At this stage, you should understand that if your brand or company doesn’t hold a product placement in the minds of customers, you will be out of the market.
The challenge is how to make your consumers identify your product when each product has got a thousand substitutes. This thought gave rise to a trademark which helps a customer to identify and choose the brand they love.
Once you have set up your company in the UAE, got to know your target market, your next step should be registering a trademark. Wondering how? Don’t worry. This guide will give you a complete idea as to what trademark and registration process is all about. Do read below.
What Is Trade Mark?
A trademark sign stands as a design, mark, that signifies a particular product and is legally registered. It falls under the category of intellectual property rights and distinguishes the sources from which the products are derived. When it signifies tangible goods produced it is known as a trademark. On the other hand, if it signifies services, it is called as service marks. It protects name, company, service, products and logos.
UAE Trade Mark Law
Under the Intellectual Property Law, the Trade Mark in the UAE is registered under the UAE Federal Law No. 37 of 1992. The trademark registration UAE cost of a trademark in the UAE ranges from 6000-10000 USD.
Official body in UAE
When it comes to the trademark registration process, the claims are to be submitted to the following governing bodies:
- Competition Regulation Committee
- Consumer Protection Department
- Trade Mark Department
- Industrial Property Department
- Copyright Department
Trademark Registration in Dubai
Dubai, the heart of UAE, stands as another platform to set up business by locals, foreign investors, businesspersons, freelancers, entrepreneurs. It is to be kept in mind that while registering a trademark or brand registration in Dubai, it needs to be passed by Dubai Trademark Registration Office Authority.
Documents Required for Trade Mark Registration Process
The registration process for trademarks involves the submission of certain essentials. These include:
- Trademark application stating the full name and address of the applicant
- Power of Attorney duly signed by the Notary Public and legalized by UAE Consulate (also required during the renewal of a trademark)
- List of goods and services to be covered
- A sample copy of the trademark
- Confirmation of official fee payment
- Information related to the authorized persons to use the mark
- Procedure and methodology of the mark
- Copies of Memorandum and Articles of Association duly legalized
- Proof of entry in the company registrar
- Minister’s approval to the registration mark
- Meaning of the registration mark
All the documents mentioned above needs to be in-hand for the smooth process of trademark registration. Now, you must be wondering how to register a trademark? Well, the answer lies below.
Trade Mark Registration Process
Trade Mark Infringement and Penalties
Any person who is found getting involved in trademark infringement will be sent for imprisonment and will be charged a fine of Dh.5000.
By now, you have got an idea regarding trademark registration and its related process. To perform the company activities error-free and in a robust manner, the business investors and owners choose to take the help of professional experts who can guide them accordingly at every step of trademark registration. Why? Your answer lies below.
Benefits of Availing Trade Mark Services
Once you avail the trademark services from professional experts, you will gain the following benefits:
- A registered trademark provides security to your products and services
- Gives a legal authority to use the products and services in the UAE Market
- A trademark helps a company to enjoy all the benefits and success related to its products and services delivered
- If a need arises, you hold the right to transfer the trademark
- Your company is eligible to use the word ‘Registered’
- Customers will be able to grab your products hassle-free
- Experts can help you to understand the current market situation
- Updated knowledge and information can be grabbed
Thus, you can see that joining hands with experts can take your business to the next level. Planning to choose your consultant? Your helping hand is right below.
Commitbiz| Your Trade Mark Registration Service Provider
Commitbiz stands as one of the best business consultants in the UAE providing the company incorporation process to clients across the world. Our IP experts will understand your business and provide tailored solutions accordingly. They hold industry experience in understanding the legal laws and will guide you accordingly in the process. If you hold any doubt or want to avail IP Services-do contact us-we’d be glad to assist.