The Event Industry is booming around the world. United Arab Emirates, and in particular Dubai, is said to be one of the event capitals of the world. This sector brings a huge investment in the country, so much so that Dubai World Trade Centre events and exhibitions alone are estimated to contribute some USD 3.3bn to the economy. It hosts hundreds of events; from international trade fairs and consumer shows to corporate functions and conventions, welcoming millions of global visitors every year. With Expo 2020 round the corner this trajectory doesn’t look like it will be slowing anytime soon. Through this event, Dubai is expecting to welcome around 25 million visitors and generate up to USD 23 billion for the Emirate. To manage this big lot, there must be a proper management system favoring to bring top-notch arrangements lasting 6 months. And that is where Event Management Company come into picture. Fortunately, starting an event management company in Dubai is a piece of cake if you are aware of all the legal formalities. If not, you can always take help of a business consultant to make things easier.
How to Start an Event Management Company in Dubai?
Event Management companies, in a nutshell, are those who plan and manage corporate events. They organize ceremonies, celebrations, product launches, and product presentations, workshops, conferences etc. When starting an event management business in Dubai, the first important thing to do is, apply for an Event Management License. With the help of this license, you will be free to conduct wide range of activities such as event production, hospitality management, event promotion etc. But, there are a few activities that are not permissible by the government and you must be aware about it.
Permissible Activities for an Event Management Company in Dubai
- Organize and encourage gala events, award ceremonies, conventions, product launches, conferences, meetings, seminars and other business related activities
- Selling tickets for events
- Hotel reservation for the attendees of the events
Non-Permissible Activities for an Event Management Company in Dubai
- Carrying out any civil / construction workings for example building stages, scaffolding, exhibition stands or any extra construction work
- Trading activities that also include import and export of products
- Training Activities
- Organize and sponsor events lacking the approval of the appropriate authorities
- Talent Agency’s Activities
- Venue Management
Procedure to Obtain Event Management License in Dubai
The steps to obtain event management license in Dubai are as follows:
- Fill an application form for obtaining the license. The form includes personal and professional information. You are also required to list your business activities when making your license application.
- Once you have decided what your business activities are, list them in the application and submit it to the Department of Economic Development (DED)
- The second point must be followed if your setting up your company in Dubaimainland. There are different rules for getting an event management license in Dubai free zones. It depends on the freezone you are opting for
- Once you submit the application with attached documents, you have to wait for a reply from DED
- Once your application is approved, pay the fees.
- Your license will be given to you in a few days after the approval
Key Points to Note Once You Obtain Event Management License in Dubai
- You will be completely responsible for complete ticket money back, in the case of event withdrawal. You must also go into and secure accurate Insurance police to shelter any and all charges and refunds in case of event withdrawal. The Authority has the right to examine the activities, files, and affairs of the Licensee at any instance of time
- Sale and promotion of tickets for events detained outside the any Free Zone are subject to guiding principle of proper authorities (i.e. DED, DTCM, or the DM)
- Sale and promotion of tickets in the other state or Countries are subject to the laws, rules, regulations; as well as guidelines of the related authorities in the respective Emirates or Countries
- Tickets, websites, posters, banners, leaflets, and every marketing material link to the event management; should at all times clearly state any related general public information
If you want to host an event in Dubai, you need to acquire an E-permit from Dubai Tourism Commercial Marketing (DTCM). To register for the same, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit e-permit website
- Click on register for an account button
- Read and accept the General Disclaimer.
- Select the Registration Type (Organiser, Venue) and fill the required fields.
- Enter contact information by clicking on Add New button.
- Upload the organisation trade licence.
- Submit the application and note the registration number.
There are a raft of entrepreneurs just waiting to dive in and make the most of it in the event management business. There has never been a better time to take a plunge in this profitable business. Naturally, in this competitive market, you skills will help you climb the ladder of success. So why wait? We at Commitbiz can help you in acquiring the Event Management License as well as help you start your company in Dubai. Contact us today- we’d be glad to help you out.