Dubai is committed to ensuring international standards of education for both citizens and residents. Adding to that, the hunger for excellent education and training is growing fast in the UAE. And according to education industry leaders, demand is currently outstripping supply. So providers of education and training who offer the kind of teaching that UAE residents are looking for can expect to reap the rewards in the coming years.
However, if you plan to open your educational institute and begin offering any kind of training services in Dubai, then you will first need to obtain an approval from the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). It was founded in the year 2006 to regulate Dubai’s private education sector and requires new providers to complete several steps before they begin operating.
You can establish your educational institute in Dubai mainland or any of the Dubai free zones. But first, let us understand all about KHDA and what they have to offer.
All about Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA)
The government of Dubai launched KHDA to ensure that education providers are offering educational courses of high standards. The KHDA acts as a governing authority for schools and training centers in the UAE. It guarantees the delivery of high quality technical and vocational education, thus meeting the diverse educational needs of the inhabitants and employers in Dubai.
The Procedure of Opening an Educational and Training Institute in Dubai
You just need to complete five simple steps to register your educational institute business in Dubai. They are as follows –
1.Select the Type of Education and Location
There is a wide range of educational activities that one can register with the KHDA. Right from early childhood care, private tutoring, on-the-job skills to the management training, they have it all. And the application process varies depending on the kind of activity you hope to offer. In terms of location, if you are a higher education provider, you will likely want to be based in the Dubai International Academic City. But keep in mind that providers of specific kinds of workplace training may prefer a free zone targeting the industry to which they cater. Learn more about free zones here.
2.Fill an Application with the KHDA
Under this step, you need to apply for registration with the KHDA. This includes –
- Introduction to your organization – showing your purpose and the value you provide
- Needs analysis – demonstrating demand for your type of training
- Shareholder information
- Staff experience – including relevant qualifications
- Training services – according to the KHDA’s classification
- Non-training services – details of other activities
- Certification – information on the kinds of certificate you provide
- Resources and facilities – including equipment and classrooms
- Marketing – showing how you hope to spread the word about your brand
- Customer recruitment process
- Undertakings – detail undertakings which show you are conscious of applicable regulations
- A list of training courses you will provide and appendices
3.Complete the Application Process
Under this step, you need to complete an educational permit form. The form is relatively simple to complete, although it’s always useful to have the guidance of a company formation specialist when undertaking any of these steps.
4.Complete the Paperwork
To go along with your application, you will need to collate relevant paperwork. This will include the following documentation:
- Name reservation from the relevant commercial authority and initial approval
- Application form (all fields should be typed)
- Registration plan
- Colour passport copies of all shareholders of the institute
- Colour passport copy of director/manager of the institute
- Notary public signature for each shareholder and the manager
- Director/manager CV
- Qualification certificates for the manager
- Undertaking from the manager attesting that they will manage the training institute full-time, and including the proposed working hours
- Course list
- If one of the shareholders is corporate, then comprise board resolution from mother company announcing the establishment of the institute in Dubai / certificate of good standing
Apart from this, you need also to provide copies of your trade license, a tenancy contract if you operate from premises, and an environmental health and safety certificate.
5.Submit your Application
Your application needs to be submitted online via the KHDA e-services portal. You will also need to pay any relevant fees as part of your application process. Depending on your application, final approval can be delivered in a matter of days for smaller operations, or you may have an extensive wait if you are a larger outfit.
Applying to the KHDA can be a complicated process, and that’s where we come into the picture. We at Commitbiz have experts with years of experience in this field and can make this process hassle-free. Contact us today to learn more.