The United Arab Emirates gives top priority to the welfare of children in the age group of 0 to 8 years. It is planning to implement several initiatives to achieve this. Adding to this, today’s parents are always a way ahead towards facilitating the smartest way of learning for their child. Therefore, to provide children with a safe and nurturing learning environment, Quality Early Learning Center is becoming the best options for all the parents.
Dubai has launched several initiatives for the growing demand of the Early Learning Centre, by granting a specific license to the business owners showing interest in forming this business. Two authorities are responsible for providing licenses, namely the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and the Department of Education. The license from KHDA is for an early learning centre, and the early licensing centre allows you to cater to kids from 3 - 6 years. Just like any other business, you need a well-thought-out business plan for your Early Learning Centre. You would also need consents from the Municipality, Civil Defense, local community and Health Authorities before you can start a Nursery.
Procedure to Open an Early Learning Centre in Dubai
Just like any other business, you need a well-thought-out business plan for your Early Learning Centre. The complete procedure for early learning is divided into three steps as below –
Apply for registering your Early Childhood Education Centre with the Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED).
Once you are granted with initial approval from the DED, submit the business plan (Academic Plan) to Dubai KHDA for approval.
What is an Academic Plan?
An academic plan covers the executive summary and other elements such as the strategy and philosophy of the centre, education program, facilities and resources, governance and management, and marketing and financial plan.
- An executive summary is a summary of the project indicating why the investor is seeking to establish the Early Learning Center (ELC)
- A strategy and philosophy is the vision, and mission statement, aims and objective, promise to parents and philosophy and development theory adopted
- The education program includes educational goals, description of pedagogy and methodology, description of daily program schedule and time table, language support, Arabic language support, policy for individuals and groups meeting, description of children progress evaluation and info for partnership with parents including reporting
- Facilities and Resources include the number of staff should be appropriate and linked to the number of children in the centre/classrooms as the table below:
3 to 4 years
4 to 6 years
- The Financial Plan includes clarity in terms of the following points –
- Projected Profit & Loss statements for the next three to five years
- Projected Balance sheet for the next three years
- Projected cash flow statement for the next five years
- A detailed breakdown of children per year/Full and Part-time teacher per year/teaching assistant per year/and non-teaching staff per year
- A detailed breakdown of salaries of staff including teachers
- Tuition fees per student per year
- Supplementary fees (Extra-Curricular activities, food, transport)
- Gross built-up area(in square feet), Net Built-up area(in square feet), Total plot size (In square feet), outdoor play area(in square feet)
Under the final step, the business person must ensure the following arrangements for health safety and hygiene to obtain approvals from Dubai Municipality and Civil Defense.
- Description of health & safety management procedures including qualification of specialized staff, first aid, evacuation and emergency procedures
- Description of written policies to ensure hygiene in ECEC (Including hand washing, toileting, diaper changing policies, cleaning and disinfection protocols)
- Description of procedures for arrival and departure of children including transportation arrangements
- Description of child protection procedures
- Information regarding supervisory practices, for ensuring children are safe at all times including sleeping times, playtimes and trips
Once KHDA approves from Dubai Municipality and Dubai Civil Defense on early childhood education centre infrastructure will allow you to be fully operational with your activity.
The whole procedure can take less time depending upon successful submission of all the necessary documents with relevant authorities.
How can we help?
We at Commitbiz can help your open an Early Childhood Education Centre in Dubai for you. Right from business incorporation to office space, we cover it all. Our advisors have years of knowledge in this field and can make the process hassle-free. Contact us today for more information.