Dubai, the Gold City, is a growing industrial center. The city focuses on being an industrial hub in multiple sectors. The city has opened many doors for budding entrepreneurs for setting up business. On the other side, it is also promoting freelancers to come to a step forward and establish their own companies in Dubai for the future. A program “Gofreelance” has been initiated by the TECOM group in July 2018, to increase the number of freelancers in Dubai Knowledge Park, Dubai Academic City.
Freelancing is generally recommended for a person who seeks to be self-employed and doesn’t work as a full-time employee for others. It widens the scope for an individual to be one’s own boss. People in different parts of the world have accepted freelancing. Freelancers in Dubai have been increasing rapidly. A company’s cost mighr come down to a great extent by hiring freelancers. There are different benefits that one can avail if he/she chooses to be a freelancer in Dubai.
Benefits for Freelancers in Dubai
- Time flexibility
- Being one’s own boss
- Balance in work-life
- Fewer expenses, higher profit
- The option to carry out multiple projects simultaneously
- Building one’s own brand
- No office space required
Benefits for Companies Hiring Freelancers
- Low hiring cost compared to permanent employees
- Multiple options to choose freelancers
- The freedom to hire industry-specific experts
- Possibility of international hiring
Freelancing in UAE
Freelancing is a unique option. People find it much easier to manage a balance between their work life and personal life. Dubai, a multicultural city, is on a mission of completing various projects. They are seeking out for freelancers who can devote their convenient time and help in building the economy. Dubai has come up with multiple projects in all different divisions and is on the way of getting them channelized through digitalization.
This creates a lot of opportunities for international investors to take their footsteps towards setting up their business in Dubai. At the same time, the city also provokes professionals and experts to work as a freelancer so as to meet the projects at a speedy pace. Freelancers all around the world have got an awesome opportunity to work as per their flexible time and build their brand and later on set up a business in UAE. Dubai’s largest freelancer market Nabbesh has seen a positive growth in the number of freelancers from the period 2013-2016, with a count of 90 thousand.
Top Professions to Work for as a Freelancer in UAE
The idea of working at one’s suitable time has occupied a wide range in due course of time. It has been almost applied to each of the profession. Some of the world’s top freelancing professions are:
- Web development and designing
- Writing and copywriting
- Creative design
- Sales and marketing
- Graphics designing
- Mobile app development
- Search engine optimization (SEO), Search engine marketing (SEM)
- 3D Modelling and computer-aided design (CAD)
- Translation and interpretation
- Legal services
These professions deal with the art of creativity, and pertain mostly to professional services in UAE. Creativity is something that stands as an irreplaceable key. Thus, if you are a freelancer and you possess the creative qualities hidden inside you, go for a global freelancing. It will help you gain an awesome exposure in every single step.
How to Pursue Freelancing in Dubai?
Well, to start your career as a freelancer in Dubai, you need to follow these steps:
- Fill the application form for freelancing
- Submit your business plan, along with a copy of your passport, and your qualification certificates
- Provide your No-Objection Certificate (NOC) stating the transfer of residence visa to freelancer visa
- Procure a certificate from the bank stating that you have a satisfactory bank record
Procedure to Obtain a Freelancer License in Dubai
To work as a freelancer in Dubai, you need to obtain a freelance license. Here are the steps you can follow to get a freelance license in Dubai:
- Apply with a free zone to hold a license
- Submit an application along with a copy of your passport
- Subsequently, you’d receive a customer confirmation letter, which must be signed and submitted back
- Pay all the necessary clearance payments
- Collect the certificate that will be approved by UAE free zone for freelancer visa
- The freelancer license will be issued within 7-10 working days
Do you also possess creativity inside you? Bored of following a 9-to-5 routine and want to be your own boss or a global expert in your profession? What’s stopping you then? Confused to take your first step? Don’t worry. We are here to help.
Commitbiz is a business consulting platform that provides a platform for freelancers and companies that want to set up business in Dubai. Our business experts will help you in getting the appropriate license and help you to be a global freelancer. For more information, do contact us – we would be happy to assist you in the process.