It was estimated that by 2022, the brands would be spending USD 15 billion globally on influencer marketing. Back in 2018 also, influencers were charging around USD 5,000 for one post, while the more famous among them charged double the amount.
When obtaining your influencer license in the UAE, some relatively new laws need to be considered. However, it is a vast industry, mainly operative in the country, and if you abide by the rules, it is well worth looking into the scope.
Being a Social Media Influencer in Dubai
It’s important to note that, as an influencer, you need a license to continue operating in the nation legally if you do any paid or unpaid promotional work.
This is because your work may include anything you receive from companies that are free of cost, even if they are categorized as presents.
You can apply for your trade license directly to the DED (Department of Economic Development) or a Dubai free zone.
Eligibility for Obtaining the License
One needs to satisfy the following conditions to get an influencer license:
- You must be a citizen of the GCC or the UAE and a resident of the latter
- The minimum age requirement is 25 years (below that, you must submit approval from your legal guardian)
- The applicant must have a good reputation (i.e., free from criminal records)
Starting a Free Zone Social Media Agency Dubai
Setting up a free zone agency is a very cost-friendly approach for many. In addition, they offer other benefits such as:
- An easy and quick incorporation process
- Tax exemptions
- Business support
- No currency restrictions
As per the regulations of the Media Regulatory Office- the Ministry of Culture and Youth in Dubai, to professionalize the influencer world; some new licensing laws would apply to the paid or unpaid form of promotion and presentation of ideas, services, or goods by electronic means, or network applications.
How to Join the Team of Dubai Social Media Influencers?
If you are planning to include yourself in the team of social media influencers, then you must follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Select a Unique Company Name
Dubai is strict when selecting a business name, so it’s essential to be aware of the regulations. However, like many others, this part of the process would be much smoother if you decide to set up with a specialist in company formation and hire a professional aid.
- Essentially, it would help avoid anything that is seen as offensive
- It would help avoid any name that an already established organization has already
- If you’re naming the company after yourself, please note that you do not abbreviate your name
- And you will also have to make sure whether your chosen company name is still available to register
2. Gather the Documents Required for Emirati Social Media Influencers
You can apply for an influencer license if you:
- Currently have a valid freelancer license – a freelancer license can be obtained from any of the Dubai free zones and can be a cost-efficient way of working
- You will be required to hold a valid residency visa and an Emirates ID before applying for the social media influencer license
It should also be noted that as the holder of this license, you would be able to sponsor others, i.e., a parent, a spouse, child, or a domestic worker.
3. Make the Payment for the Social Media Influencer License
According to reports, the cost of a social media influencer license is around AED 15,000, and it is valid for twelve months, after which it can be renewed.
If they fail to have a valid license, it could result in a fine.
Having a one-stop-shop that helps you throughout the process – your Emirates ID, your VISA, and your social media influencer license – can lessen a lot of the stress out of the procedure, allowing you to concentrate on your business.
So, please connect with us for further information, and we’d be happy to help you.
Mention the official name of the social media license in the UAE.
How much fine is charged if an influencer fails to obtain the license?
Does the Dubai e-trade license provide visas to ex-pats?
What is the minimum age for the ownership of the e-trade license?
The license holder should be at least 18 years.
What is the validity for the social media influencer licence?
The license is valid for one year.