Dubai is one of the most prosperous and cosmopolitan cities in the Middle East, combining the elements of both the East and the West. It is one of the most favorable business destinations the world over.
One of the ways to set up a business in Dubai is through a Limited Liability Company or LLC for short. An LLC is the most common form of business in UAE. It can be formed by a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 50 shareholders, whose liability is limited to their shares in the business capital. Most companies with foreign partners opt for an LLC, because of the fact that this is the only option that gives maximum legal ownership, i.e. 49%, to an expatriate for a local business. As it is mandatory to have a UAE national as a partner in the LLC (51% shareholding), the prospective investor has the option to choose the one UAE national (sponsor) as a partner in the company.
LLC is flexible and differential profit sharing arrangements are also possible. This provides the foreign investor a great edge as 51% legal equity is with a local partner.
Setting Up a LLC Company Dubai
Below are the steps to register an LLC in Dubai.
- Registering the company with the Department of Economic Development
- Drafting and notarizing the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Submitting all the required documents and business license application form with the Department of Economic Development
- Registering with the Dubai Commercial Register
- Upon incorporation, registering one’s employees with the Ministry of Labour and General Authority for Pension and Social Security
Benefits of an (LLC) Limited Liability Company in Dubai
- Dubai LLC offers unrivaled access to the wider UAE economy.
- No specific minimum capital needed.
- Investors can manage the business without any day-to-day interference from the local partner.
- Convenient to open corporate bank accounts along with easy availability of credit facilities.
An LLC in Dubai is ideal for a business looking to offer consulting services with an Emirati national as a reliable joint venture partner.
Commitbiz is a Business Setup Consultants organization having skilled consultants with more than a decade worth of experience in establishing the businesses in UAE. Our team has established their credibility in providing services to small, large and medium enterprises. We have set up businesses for international organizations and business owners in Dubai and understand the fundamentals of this area. We are registered agents and provide complete package solutions on company formation, registration, setup, etc. To get more information on our services or to jumpstart your business in Dubai, contact us for more information.