A well-cared look and a neat haircut are indispensable features of a modern-day member of society. In the present era, many investors realize that this interest can be a basis for a successful business opening a beauty salon.
This service is in high demand no matter what geographical location the business is set in. The United Arab Emirates is not invisible to this as the beauty industry is the most sought-after market niche, especially in Dubai.
Deciding to open a salon business in Dubai can be a great idea as there always will be demand for this service. With a high standard of living and an individual disposable income, people prioritize their hygiene and hence take great care of their looks. As a result salon business does extremely well in the city.
The UAE’s loyal National Policy toward foreign entrepreneurs and various corporate benefits will be a pleasant addition to your business. Not just this, the services offered by a beauty salon in Dubai are always in high demand, and you can also establish a range of supplementary services such as training and make-up courses.
How to Start a Beauty Salon in Dubai?
If you have quite a long time thinking over business setup in Dubai and are interested in the salon business, then this is the right time for you to go ahead with your plan. Dubai Mainland is the preferable option to start your salon business in Dubai as the Mainland business will create more business opportunities in comparison to a free zone business setup.
The Department of Economic Development (DED) is the regulatory body for all types of businesses in Dubai Mainland, and their steps include:
Submit the Passport & the Visa Copies
The first step is to submit passport copies of the partners investing in the business. With the passport copies, they have also to offer the visa copies of all the partners.
Choose Your Business Name
Next, you can decide on the name of your beauty salon. Submit the name to the DED to get it approved.
Sign the MoA
After the initial approval from the Department of Economic Development, draft and sign the Memorandum of Association or a Local Service Agent.
Rent a Salon Shop
Rent a salon shop according to the required infrastructure and agree with the tenant. Get the tenancy contract along with the Ejari number.
Get the Required Approvals
Get approval from the Planning Section and the Health and Safety Division of the Dubai Municipality.
Obtain the License
Submit all the above documents and get the required license from the DED.
It takes about 2-4 weeks to complete all the above steps. Once you get the DED's license approval, you can start your beauty salon in Dubai.
Types of Beauty Salons in Dubai
There are two types of beauty salon licenses in Dubai. They are:
Ladies Salon in Dubai
A women’s beauty salon or ladies’ salon in Dubai is licensed for beautification and hair care. Hair care can include hair washing, trimming, setting coloring, straightening, waving, hair fixing, and henna services.
And cosmetic treatments can include makeup and skin cleansing. They can also perform skin hair removal, facial aesthetics, foot care, nail manicures, and treatment.
Gents Salon in Dubai
A men’s beauty salon in Dubai is licensed to carry out hairdressing and other beautification treatments; hair care includes trimming, cutting, waving, dyeing, straightening, setting up, and supporting hair strength. While cosmetic treatments include skin purification, hair removal of skin, foot care, and facial aesthetic.
Requirements for the List of Beauty Salons in Dubai
Deciding to open a beauty salon on the mainland, the free zones in Dubai, or opening a branch of your existing line of beauty salons in the UAE is a fantastic idea as you need not worry about the demand for your services due to the high living standard and high per capita income.
Let us take note of the requirements for the same.
- The planning department of Dubai Municipality must approve the location of the beauty parlor in Dubai.
- There must be a Signboard placed in front of the beauty salon
- The lighting used in the salon must be sufficient, and the furniture used must be clean and proper
- As far as dressing chairs are concerned, they should meet the specific size of 3.0m wide x 3.5m length and strictly must not be less than that
- The height between the ceiling and the floor of the beauty salon must be more than 2.30m
- A separate area must be designated for beauty treatments like pedicures, manicures, hair removal, and henna designing. The size of each such area must be more than 2.50m x 1.50m with a proper partition
- There must be a wash basin near the area for facial treatments
- Fireproof materials must be made use of for the preparation area for hair-removing materials
- The beauty salon must necessarily have a water heater in place
- There must be cupboards and drawers to keep cosmetics and towels.
Still not sure how to go about it? You can always get help from a consultant accustomed to a company set up in Dubai.
We at Commitbiz offer to answer your questions about starting a beauty salon in Dubai and help you get through it. Our staff will study your requirements and cater to your needs.
What’s more, we even provide services that can assist you in having your business grow further. Contact us today, even if it’s for friendly advice.
Which are the regulatory bodies involved in setting up a beauty salon business in Dubai
- Department of Economic Development (DED) – License Issuance
- Dubai Municipality – Approval for Health and Safety of Customers
- Dubai Civil Department – Fire Safety
Which are the different types of beauty salons in Dubai?
There are essentially two types of beauty salons in Dubai, namely –
- Women's Beauty Salon
- Men's Beauty Salon
What are the documents required to obtain a beauty salon license in Dubai?
- Copies of visa and passport of owner and shareholders
- Trade name certificate
- Brief descriptions of intended business activities
- Copy of Memorandum of Association
- Tenancy contract
- Proof of approval from Dubai Municipality Planning section and Health and Safety Division of DM
What is the cost of starting a salon business in Dubai?
The total cost of starting your business will depend on many factors. The size and location of your premises, the number of staff you employ, whether you opt for free zone or mainland can all play a part.