A well-cared look and a neat haircut are the indispensable features of a modern-day member of the society. In the present era, many investors realize that this interest can be a basis for a successful business that is opening a beauty salon. As this service is high on demand no matter what the geographical location the business is set in.
The United Arab Emirates is not invisible to this as the beauty industry is the most sought-after market niche, especially in Dubai. Deciding to open a beauty salon in Dubai can be a great idea as there always will be demand for this service. With a high standard of living and a disposable individual income, people prioritize their personal hygiene and hence take great care of their looks and as a result salon business does extremely well in the city.
Process to Start a Beauty Salon in Dubai
Dubai Mainland is the preferable option to start your salon business in Dubai as the Mainland business will create more business opportunities in comparison to a free zone business setup. The Department of Economic Development (DED) is the regulatory body for all types of businesses in Dubai Mainland and their steps include:
- The first step is to submit the passport copies of the partners who are investing in the business
- With the passport copies, they have to also submit the visa copies of all the partners
- Next, you can decide the name of your beauty salon
- Submit the name to the DED to get it approved
- After the initial approval from the Department of Economic Development draft and sign the Memorandum of Association or a Local Service Agent
- Rent a salon shop according to the required infrastructure and make an agreement with the tenant
- Get the tenancy contract along with the Ejari number
- Get approval from the Planning Section of the Dubai Municipality
- Get approval from the Health and Safety Division of the Dubai Municipality
- Submit all the above documents and get the required license from the DED
It requires about 2-4 weeks getting all the above steps done with. Once you get the license approval from the DED, you are good to start your beauty salon in Dubai.
Types of Beauty Salon License in Dubai
There are basically two types of beauty salon license in Dubai. They are:
- Women’s Salon License
- Men’s Salon License
A women’s beauty salon or ladies’ salon in Dubai is licensed for beautification and hair care. Hair care can include hair washing, trimming, setting coloring, straightening, waving, hair fixing, and henna services. And cosmetic treatments can include makeup, skin cleansing. They are also allowed to perform skin hair removal, facial aesthetic; foot care, nail manicures, and treatment.
A men’s beauty salon license in Dubai is licensed to carry out hairdressing and other beautification treatments, hair care includes trimming, cutting, waving, dyeing, straightening, hair setting up, and supporting hair strength. While, cosmetic treatments include skin purification, hair removal of skin, foot care, and facial aesthetic.
Beauty Salon Requirements in Dubai
- The planning department of Dubai Municipality must approve the location of the beauty parlor in Dubai
- There must be a Signboard placed in front of the beauty salon
- The lighting used in the salon must be sufficient and the furniture used must be clean and proper
- As far as dressing chairs are concerned, they should meet the specific size of 3.0m wide x 3.5m length and strictly must not be less than that
- The height between the ceiling and the floor of the beauty salon must be more than 2.30m
- There must be a separate area designated for beauty treatments like a pedicure, manicure, hair removing, and henna designing. The size of each such area must be more than 2.50m x 1.50m with a proper partition
- There must be a wash basin near the area for facial treatments
- Fireproof materials must be made use of for preparation area for hair removing materials
- The beauty salon must necessarily have a water heater in place
- There must be cupboards and drawers to keep cosmetics and towels
Why Start a Beauty Salon in Dubai?
If you have quite for a long time thought over company formation in Dubai and are interested in the salon business then this is the right time for you to go ahead with your plan. The UAE’s loyal National Policy towards the foreign entrepreneurs and various corporate benefits will be a pleasant addition to your business. Not just this, the services offered by a beauty salon in Dubai are always at a high demand and you can also establish a range of supplementary services such as training and make-up courses.
Still not sure how to go about it? You can always get a help from a consultant who is accustomed to a company set up in Dubai. We at Commitbiz not only offer to answer your questions about starting a beauty salon in Dubai but also help you get through it. Our staff will study your requirements and cater to your needs. What’s more, we even provide services that can assist you in having your business grow further. Contact us today, even it’s for a friendly advice.