The goal of the Dubai 3D Printing initiative is to leverage technology for the good of humanity and to foster the position of the UAE and Dubai as the leading centres of 3D printing technology by the year 2030.
The vision for growth is shaped by a thorough awareness of future needs and is based on proactive solutions, so we want to be global in the first place. The strategy focuses on introducing initiatives that can be repeated elsewhere in the world, creating a global model not just for our economy, but also for the worldwide economy.
Several practical strategies and concrete priorities have been outlined to make the policy practice, a practice that will lead to the development and growth of the world and help protect our human heritage.
The future will focus on 3D printing technology in all facets of our lives, beginning with the houses we live in, the streets we use, the cars we drive, the clothing we wear and the food we eat. This technology would offer additional economic profit and profits worth billions of dollars in the coming period. This technology would restructure economies and labour markets, as the use of unskilled labour will be reduced relative to the current scenario, especially in the construction sector. It will also redefine sustainability, as the time required for 3D printing of buildings and goods will be 10% of the time spent with conventional techniques.
The primary objective of the strategy is to ensure that 25 per cent of buildings in Dubai are focused on 3D printing technologies by 2030, and this percentage will rise with the advancement of foreign technology as well as the growth of consumer demand. Technology is capable of changing the construction industry by reducing costs and reducing the time it takes to execute programmes. It would also help to reduce the needs for human capital as well as the waste produced from a building that can be detrimental to the ecosystem. We would also concentrate on the use of this technology in other primary fields, such as pharmacy and consumer products, to deliver goods and services at affordable prices.
Through the 3D Printing Strategy, we can make Dubai a global centre for the advancement of this technology and a foundation for research and development in this field and offer the best opportunities for creativity and optimal implementation of this technology worldwide. The aim is to increase the quality of resources given to people and to harness 3D printing for the benefit of the entire society.
The "Dubai 3D Printing Strategy" is incorporated into the Emirate's development plan for cost savings, production and quality enhancement and environmental impact mitigation. The Dubai 3D Printing Strategy aims to transform Dubai into a world-class 3D printing centre. Among the concrete steps contained in the plan is the implementation of a new law requiring 25 per cent of new construction materials to be produced using 3D printing technologies by 2025. It also aims to promote the adoption and use of this new technology to benefit all political, commercial, health and science sectors in Dubai and around the world.
If you are planning to start a business in Dubai, then you should have an overall idea regarding the booming industries prevailing in the zone. This piece of the blog will provide you with in-depth information focusing on the Dubai 3D Printing Strategy.
Three Key Sectors and Five Pillars of the Strategy
The Dubai 3D Printing Strategy, which aims to make Dubai a global capital in 3D printing technology by 2030, will concentrate on three main sectors: construction, medical products and Consumer Products.
- The construction and building industry will concentrate on lighting goods, bases and structures, construction joints, infrastructure and parks, humanitarian buildings and mobile homes in addition to galleries, shops and residential villas. The size of 3D printing technology focused on building in Dubai is estimated to be around AED 3 billion by 2030. The use of 3D printing in the construction sector in Dubai will increase by 2% from 2019 onwards and more in the coming years, based on the progress of this technology and its potential durability.
- Within the medical equipment industry, the emphasis will be on developing 3D printed teeth, bones, artificial organs, diagnostic and surgical instruments and hearing aids. The production of 3D printed medical devices in Dubai is projected to hit AED 1.7 billion by 2030.
- Market brands will concentrate on kitchen goods, optics, fashion jewellery, children's games and fast food. The production of 3D-printed consumer goods in Dubai is estimated to be around AED 2.8 billion by 2030.
The Dubai 3D Printing Strategy has five core pillars: Technology, legal framework, Financing, Talent and Market Demand.
- The legal structure pillar will concentrate on the establishment of the regulatory system for the use of 3D printing technology in different industries and the requirements of the products to be used in the printing process.
- The Infrastructure foundation will seek to have the best infrastructure and funding for research and development to attract the world's largest businesses in this sector.
- Emphasis will be given, via the Talent Foundation, on developing the local talent capacities of researchers, designers and innovators and attracting the brightest minds from around the world to 3D printing.
- The funding cornerstone will include funding for alternatives as well as venture resources to improve this technology and extend its scope of use.
- The Market Demand foundation would encourage the use of this technology in different sectors to get commodity prices to reasonable levels while retaining quality.
Concerted Efforts to Achieve the Objectives of the Strategy
Several partners, including Dubai Municipality, Dubai Health Authority and Dubai Holding, will introduce the Dubai 3D Printing Strategy. The plan aims to combine the activities of government agencies and the private sector to accelerate the development of Dubai by employing advanced local and global 3D technology skills. The Dubai Future Foundation will play a crucial role in coordinating these activities and placing them into the structures set for the execution of the strategy.
Effective and Innovative Strategies
Dubai Municipality will be one of the central government departments interested in executing the Dubai 3D Printing Strategy through the use of established technology locally and recruiting leading global companies in this field. It will also analyse the optimal mechanism to successfully transform traditional construction methods to construction using 3D printing technology.
The Dubai Municipality will accomplish its strategic goals by initiating and coordinating a range of programmes and activities through four major phases.
- The Establishment Process involves the preparation of a thorough study for the 3D printing industry, particularly in the field of building construction. It will contribute to the organisation of the registration and certification and licencing process, the application and follow-up of supervision and adjustment and regulations, as well as cooperation with consumers, states, developers, suppliers and IT firms.
- Qualification Process intends to coordinate projects to develop codes for 3D printing products, systems and configurations, hardware and technological requirements for feasibility and maintenance of projects. Besides, this step will follow the registration and classification process and will introduce measures to inform engineers and local and foreign businesses. The preparing of laboratories for processing and weighing the substance would also take place during the process. It also involves local and international accreditation and production and preparation of structures and automated operating and inspection procedures.
- The third stage is the implementation step, which will begin with the launch of the first Dubai Holding pilot project. During this step, architects will be encouraged to collaborate on other prototype projects, whilst the private sector and consultants will be encouraged to implement transformation processes for printing buildings by a mix of direct impact incentives.
- The implementation process involves evaluation across a range of assessments and success metrics spanning and improving all previous techniques and operating relationships with key developers to grow the 3D printing technology market.
The Dubai Health Authority will help to achieve the aims of the strategy in the medical products field by establishing a significant atmosphere and setting requirements for the use of this technology in the medical sector, as well as supporting Dubai's role as a global hub for 3D printing medical products and developing international collaborations with key players in the world.
Dubai Holding will also play a key role in introducing Dubai's strategic 3D printing with the launch of a creative facility for technologies, innovators and designers. A unique 3D printing facility is set up, and workshops and training courses are scheduled. It is an addition to the development of a special fund to finance pilot projects in a wide variety of fields, including 3D printing.
Dubai Global 3D printing Conference
A global conference for 3D printing technology will be held as an international venue to showcase the new technologies in this field. It will focus on bringing the largest participants in this developing sector, including designers, suppliers and entrepreneurs, to explore the latest inventions, advanced 3D printing tools, realistic and revolutionary projects, regulatory issues and to illustrate.
Dubai Future Agenda
The 3D printing plan is part of the Future Cities Initiative, which seeks to launch policies and initiatives to promote the leading role of the UAE and add social and economic benefit. The New Cities Initiative is one of the projects of the Dubai New Agenda unveiled recently by His Highness Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
The Future of 3D Printing
The global 3D printing sector is projected to hit USD 120 billion by 2020 and USD 300 billion by 2025, led by innovation and product creation activities and the growing need for more imagination in the design process. The 3D printing system would make the manufacturing process simpler in diverse industries, giving the promise of significant strides forward in the industrial environment.
Reports say that 3D printing technology will minimise building costs by 50 to 70 per cent and labour costs by 50 to 80 per cent. Besides, technologies will help minimise the waste generated in building activities by up to 60 per cent, which will positively reflect the economic returns of the industry and lead to sustainable growth.
North America, Japan, Germany, the United Kingdom and other developed countries have dedicated large budgets for improving 3D printing techniques in the fields of medical, industry, automobile and aviation.
Advantages of Setting up an Industry in Dubai
By establishing the industry in Dubai, you will be able to gather the below-mentioned benefits:
- No Personal tax to be paid
- Robust network and synchronisation that enables the market flow
- 100% Resettlement of Capital Invested and Profits Earned
It is to be noted that the industry incorporation process in Dubai demands the company owner acquire an industrial license that will act as a legal license to carry out the company operations. Failure to issue the permit will turn out to be a problem in the incorporation process.
In brief, we can conclude that Dubai is on the verge to become an international business centre, leaving its footprint in the minds of global investors. It is a profound forum that offers opportunities for both small, medium and large-scale businesses competing on several industry grounds. To get involved with the manufacturing field, take the help of a company manager who will help you negotiate with the proceedings. Entry into industrial litigation in Dubai requires a lot of legal proceedings, and the subject-matter specialist would be in a much better state to serve you.
Commitbiz is here to support you in all the possible ways. Our business guides are experienced consultants who are well-equipped with industry knowledge to provide you with customised solutions. If you have any concern, do contact us- we’d be delighted to assist you.
What makes 3D printing superior to manufacturing?
3D printing is highly resource-efficient since it uses only the material that passes through the laser, whereas traditional manufacturing uses additional materials.
Why do they introduce 3D printing in orthopaedic surgeries?
The doctors used 3D printing to perform orthopedic procedures, which allowed patients to wait less and heal 40 to 80 percent faster.
What is the purpose of printing organ replicas?
The purpose of printing organ replicas is to allow patients to have shorter wait times and lower-cost treatment options.
What is the expected reach of 3D printed medical products?
By 2025, the market for 3D printed medical products in Dubai will reach AED 1.7 billion.
What is the 3D printing Dubai price?
The cost of 3D printing can range from $3 to thousands of dollars.
How long did the building in Dubai take to 3D print?
The Dubai 3D printing took 17 days to print the building and three months to construct and alter the interior design.