Abu Dhabi has emerged as a significant Middle East destination, home to global attractions and cultural sites, maintaining the traditions, and building modern landmarks to celebrate growth. Abu Dhabi ranks sixth for proven oil reserves, with 10 per cent of the world oil reserves (eight per cent of OPEC's production) and seventh worldwide for natural gas reserves. Blessed with vast natural resources and a vision for success, Abu Dhabi has become the best investment choice for investors as it maintains a more secure investment path.
Reasons to Invest in Abu Dhabi
Here are some of the reasons to invest in Abu Dhabi
1.Ease of Doing Business
Abu Dhabi's commitment to innovation, collaboration, and quality of life contribute to the capital's world-class business environment. Among the competitive edge, businesses in Abu Dhabi enjoy being 100 %, foreign business ownership in free zones cost exemptions for the first two years of business, and a zero per cent tax rate. New programs, including long-term residency visas, dual licenses, and 100 per cent onshore ownership in critical sectors, further enhance the Emirate's business-friendliness.
- The UAE is now ranked 16th in the World Bank's report in Ease of Doing Business.
- Offshore and free zone corporations own 100 per cent ownership
- Protection from local fees for two years from the date of licensing
- Free registration and licensing for new businesses and freelancers for the first two years
- Long-term residency the scheme on Gold Card
- Dual licenses facilitate
- business throughout Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi features stability, connectivity, and business-friendliness. As UAE capital and largest emirate, Abu Dhabi is one of the world's best places to do business, invest, work, and live.
- Allows access to 4.5 billion customers in four time zones
- One working day from East to West extends a 24-hour business clock
- 80 % of the world's population live within 8 hours flight from Abu Dhabi
- 33% of the world's population can travel on a four-hour flight to Abu Dhabi
As the UAE capital, Abu Dhabi is at the forefront of an ambitious innovation plan for the country. The Emirate draws global technology specialists and entrepreneurs who use the UAE as a disruptive innovation launchpad. The UAE was the first country to name a Minister of Artificial Intelligence (AI) on a federal level. It recently became the first Arab nation to send an astronaut to the International Space Station. The UAE is committed to using innovation and technology to boost government service delivery and enhance life satisfaction for all residents and tourists.
- Abu Dhabi ranked 2nd in the Smart City Development region
- Abu Dhabi ranked Most Advanced Middle East Technology Base
- Abu Dhabi is home to Hub71, an international tech community with a complete suite of start-up and business support, including office space & housing
- Mohammed bin Zayed Artificial Intelligence University (MBZUAI), the world's first AI University planned for Abu Dhabi
- Major R&D funding available from the Abu Dhabi Research & Development Authority (ADRDA) for both corporate and academic activities Abu Dhabi has the best-in-class regulatory climate
- According to INSEAD-2019, The UAE ranked 1st in the gulf in the Global Innovation Index
Abu Dhabi delivers competitive ICT connectivity for businesses and individuals in line with the UAE's commitment to an innovative, digital society. The UAE enjoys consistently top rankings for penetration of ICT preparation, internet, and smartphones.
- The UAE ranks 1st in the Internet and Telephony Level Competition 2019
- UAE has the highest fibre-to-home connectivity penetration in the world-Etisalat
- The UAE has 173 per cent of the highest mobile penetration rate in the world – Statista
- Local ISP Etisalat recently invested $1 trillion for 5 G in the UAE
Abu Dhabi is a demonstrated surface for development that directly plugs investors into the second-largest economy in the Arab world and some of the fastest-growing markets in the world. The location boasts proximity to one of the busiest ports globally, and within an eight-hour flight, access to 80 per cent of the world population. Abu Dhabi offers investment opportunities from FinTech to Ecotourism across diverse industries and provides a vibrant place to start up a business, spend, stay, and work.
- 94 separate foreign-country contracts to avoid double taxation of overseas investment
- Competitive tax rates: zero corporate tax, zero income tax, low value-added tax of only 5%
- Up to 100 per cent Repatriation in Special Economic Zones
- No minimum requirement for establishing a company
- Instant Availability of Capital for state-of-the-art technology
- Ability to treat goods of large volume
- The capacity for producing electricity enabled by cheap energy sources
- Exclusive access to the critical raw material processing sites
- Capital availability: equity/debt through local players, such as venture funds, banks, family offices, private equity funds, SWFs
- Specialized Economic Zones: Attracting diversified tenants in the areas of industry, finance, media, logistics, and sustainable energy
- Appealing lease rates for the established workplace and warehouse spaces at competitive prices and utilities
The capital of the UAE offers the state-of-art infrastructure to meet business and lifestyle needs across the Emirate. The citizens of Abu Dhabi have access to unmatched variety in markets and travel destinations owing to its geographic location. Domestic infrastructure is modern, efficient and well-maintained, providing reliable accessibility around the clock.
- Abu Dhabi International Airport named 'Best Airport in the Middle East' 2019 - Airports Council International
- Abu Dhabi's soon to be launched Midfield Terminal will further augment Abu Dhabi as a global transit hub
- Etihad has a capacity of 23m+ passengers per annum; the new terminal will increase passenger capacity to 45m
- Khalifa Port, the Emirate's flagship port, is the first to be semi-automated in the Gulf region and one of the most technologically advanced in the world.
- One hour drive to Jebel Ali Port in Dubai, the world's 9th busiest port
It is said that human capital is the cornerstone of innovation. Abu Dhabi aspires to empower and drive local innovation by developing young local talent and attracting international talent, focusing on science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and entrepreneurship. Our world-class higher-education facilities provide the ideal environment to foster bright new talent and the next generation of innovators and leaders.
- The UAE ranked 1st in the region in the Global Talent Competitiveness Index 2019 – INSEAD
- The UAE ranked 2nd in the region in the World Talent Ranking 2018 - IMD
- Home to leading universities including Khalifa University, Sorbonne, INSEAD and New York University Abu Dhabi, and UAE University in Al Ain
- Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI), the worlds first AI University, planned for Abu Dhabi.
Still sceptical about starting a company in Abu Dhabi?
To get all your doubts cleared and capitalize on the ultimate benefits of setting up a business in Abu Dhabi or anywhere in UAE, it is advised that you hire business setup consultants who are well-versed in the business setup in Abu Dhabi. Commitbiz is the premier example of a business set up consultant in the UAE. We have helped countless clients in incorporating their businesses in Abu Dhabi and the rest of the UAE. Our business consultants are skilled and knowledgeable to direct you down the steep road of company creation. Contact us today and book your consultation call with our business advisors!