Dubai is gearing up to host the most ambitious World Expo in 2020. This will bring together 120 nations and an audience of 25 million.
Let’s take a look at some of the interesting things about this once-in-a-lifetime event that is set to enthrall its visitors with spectacular architecture, global culture and the latest technology for a better tomorrow:
- The Dubai government has built a completely new city and christened it ‘Dubai South’
- This city is being built around the theme of ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’
- Being considered as the third-largest global event in terms of economic and cultural impact after the Olympic Games and FIFA World Cup
- The site covers a total of 4.38 square kilometers, including a 200 hectare gated area
- For 6 months, between October 2020 to April 2021, Dubai Expo will host hundreds of countries, companies, and people who bring insight into possibilities in the spheres of opportunity, mobility, and sustainability
- The Expo 2020 has an ambitious volunteer programme that includes more than 30,000 volunteers from a wide range of ages, nationalities, cultures, and backgrounds
- The newly created Dubai Creative Clusters Authority is mainly focussing on the empowerment of the creative communities to shape the future of Dubai
- Dubai Creative Clusters Authority is primarily targeting architecture, industrial and product design, interior design, graphics and digital design and fashion design
- The Dubai Creative Clusters Authority is also ensuring robust infrastructure, business-friendly regulations, entrepreneurship empowerment and creating the right ecosystem for industries
- The Al Maktoum International Airport is also being revamped, and come 2020 the airport’s passenger and cargo handling capacity will increase to 220 million and 16 million tons respectively
Once completed, Dubai South will represent the thriving living and commerce side of the city. If you wish to be a part of this growth story, you need to invest in Dubai now. Our consultants can assist you in getting your business up and running in the city.
Get in touch with us now, or if you have any query contact us today.
(Source credit: http://expo2020dubai.ae/)
Is a PCR required for EXPO?
Yes, a negative PCR test certificate is required for participating in the event.
How can I be a part of the Dubai Expo 2021?
If you're interested in participating in the program, go to Expo 2021 Dubai Business Leverage Programme. To register, you must first create a free account with myNZTE, giving you access to online tools and other events.
How can I go to Expo 2020 in Dubai?
Expo Rider is a specialised public bus service that will take you to the Expo 2020 location. Expo 2020 guests may enjoy it for free! However, you must provide a valid Expo 2020 ticket to join the bus departing from several Dubai and the UAE sites.
Why did the Dubai expo get postponed?
Dubai expo got postponed due to covid pandemic.
How long will it take you to see Dubai Expo?
It takes around 5-6 days to cover everything at Dubai Expo.