Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF Zone) - At a Glance
Established in 1995, Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF Zone) is the symbol of operational efficiency, infrastructural excellence, and dedication to quality. A stable government following proactive policies, lucrative incentives packages, solid industrial base, freedom to do business in any chosen way, and cost effective options for business registration draw a high proportion of foreign investments into SAIF Zone.
Get a Quote
Sharjah is blessed with a rich cultural heritage and age-old traditions, and has been acknowledged as the seat of learning and culture across the gulf region. Despite booming economy, multinational education system, influx of foreigners, and accelerated business growth, deliberate efforts are being made on the part of the Government to preserve the monuments and sites of historic importance.
Located near the Sharjah International Airport, at the trading crossroads between East and West, SAIF Zone is efficiently connected through sea, land, and air links to developing nations like Africa, Europe, Mediterranean Asia, CIS & GCC, making it one of the most sought after alternatives for business in the Middle East and beyond. SAIF Zone has registered phenomenal growth since its inception owing to its easy accessibility to Port Khor Fakkan, the seaport on the Indian Ocean and to the Port Khalid on the Arabian Gulf with access to over two billion global consumers.
Doing business in Sharjah and the SAIF-Zone is a trusted way of wealth creation, as Sharjah boasts of a trading history that dates back to the early 18th century, and today accounts for 40% of all the UAE's industrial activity. Less business setup cost as compared to any other Emirate, focus on industrialisation, and the pro-active Government and the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce, has turned Sharjah into a commercial business centre registering an impressive annual growth rate of 12%.
Growth Over the years
Sharjah Airport International Free Zone has issued over 10 thousand licenses by 2009 and has created separate departments for Clients and Investors Services, visa and immigration, engineering, utility services, export safety certificates, etc. to ensure that all the business setup operations in the free zone are performed smoothly without any hassles. Excellent connectivity to sea ports and the Sharjah international Airport, unmatched logistical infrastructure, huge savings in terms of time and insurance costs has made SAIF Zone grow from 55 companies in 1995, to 4235 companies by the end of 2009, a number which is constantly on the upswing.
Companies in SAIF Zone
Commitment to provide investors with perfect business conditions has resulted in some of the biggest names from a spectrum of industries including manufacturing, consumer durables, IT services, media, etc. setup their operations in this popular free zone.
Business Setup in Sharjah Airport Free Zone
SAIF zone company incorporation makes sense due to the unrivalled convenience and availability of 'state-of-the-art' facilities that SAIF-Zone provides. SAIF-Zone offers single window operation and unmatched work efficiency where all the service related formalities (like, Banks, Customs, Courier, Post Office, Restaurants, etc.) are provided under single roof, saving investors' valuable time and money.
Sharjah airport free zone company setup is advantageous due to the following reasons:
- Access to over 2 billion customers (across the Asia, Africa, Mediterranean, Europe and CIS & GCC continent), owing to excellent air, land and sea connectivity
- Global & regional communications
- Unmatched business logistics due to the presence of unique 'trade bridge' with considerable time and cost savings
Free Zone Incentives
- 100% exemption from personal income and corporate taxes
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- 100% free transfer of funds and 25 years lease
- 24 hour hotline for equipment and provision of labour
- 24 X 7 Operations
- Low-cost energy and labour with budget accommodation
- Competitive fee structure of property and management
Excellent Business Infrastructure
- Bunkers (AC and Non-AC small-sized bunkers provided with cranes and fire systems)
- Container parking area
- Labour Accommodations
- Land on Lease (starting from 2500 square meters with 'Terms of Lease' annually renewed)
Business License Types in SAIF Zone
Based on the type of business activity a company is planning in Sharjah Airport Free Zone, investors are given with the choice among following types of licenses:
- Trade / Commercial License: It allows investors to trade (import, export, distribute and consolidate) products mentioned in the license as per the Sharjah Airport Free Zone rules and regulations
- General Trading License: It allows investors to trade in a large number of products categories. This license can be obtained under the commercial license
- Industrial License: It allows investors to assemble, process, manufacture, distribute, import, and store goods as per the rules and regulations of Sharjah Airport Free Zone and export the finished product to any foreign country
- Service License: It allows investors to carry out certain services (lawyer firms, accounting firms, and business consultants) within the SAIF-Zone
Business Licensing in Sharjah Airport Free Zone
Registration and licensing procedures at SAIF-Zone are hassle-free and offer single window operation to all investors. Permits and licenses are issued in this free zone within 24 hours of requisite document submission to keep the administrative red tape and procedural hazards to the minimum. An individual or a corporate entity can register or set up business in SAIF Zone in any of the following legal forms:
1. Branch of a Foreign Company
2. Branch of a UAE / Local Company
3. Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – entity with single shareholder
4. Free Zone Company (FZC) – entity with multiple (2 to 5) shareholders
Documents Required for Company Registration
SAIF Zone reserves the right to obtain additional documents, if required. For 'Branch of a foreign company' or if the 'owner / shareholder is an entity of an FZE/FZC', the documents 4 to 6 must be notarized and attested by the ministry of Foreign Affairs and by the UAE Embassy in the country of origin and/or the relevant embassy in the UAE. Additionally, for FZE/FZC companies a letter confirming acceptance of their appointment from the local auditor in UAE is required.
Business Set Up Process in Sharjah Airport Free Zone?
Business setup in Sharjah Airport Free Zone is a three-step process which is bound by specific rules and regulations, and includes documents and proposal submission, paying the fee and receiving the approval, and receiving the business license, lease agreement & keys to the premises. Our team at Commitbiz helps you with the acute planning and decision making through the different business incorporation phases helping you sail through the entire process with ease.
Get a Quote
- Dileep Raj
Amigos Exhibition LLC
"Commitbiz, a team of "PROFESSIONALS" that's what they are. We had a great experience working together and we will never forget how they made us feel good".
- Fritz Leo Clement
Albatross Marine Equipments
"I found "Commitbiz managment consultants" extremely helpful, the staff are courteous, punctual and know their job, I got my business up and running, a process that would have taken months in my home country done in no time".
- Mr. K L Rao
"We are dealing with Commitbiz for the last 4 years and their service is very good and very friendly"..
- Rohin Thampi
"We signed up with Commitbiz to set our operations in Dubai based on a recommendation.."
- P. Hashim
Maxwell Dubai LLC
"We've been extremely impressed with the services provided by Commitbiz Management Consultants. Their in-depth knowledge on rules and regulations and prompt actions on each stages of the process made us comfortable.."