Dubai Internet City (DIC) | Company Setup in Dubai
Established in the year 2000, in the heart of "New Dubai", Dubai Internet City (DIC) has gained the reputation of being the largest Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Business Park in the Middle East and North Africa. Dubai Internet City provides a tactical and economical platform for ICT companies trying to capture emerging markets from Indian subcontinent to Middle East, and from Central Asia to Africa. Its strategic location (25kms from Dubai, Shaikh Zayed Road to the South, Palm Jumeirah to the North, and Marina district to the West) plays an important role in attracting dynamic IT international community to setup their operations in DIC.
Setup by the government of Dubai, this economic free zone boasts of world-class infrastructure, business-friendly environment, flexible legal structure, and affable ecosystem for global and regional companies to set up their ICT business in the United Arab Emirates. DIC now houses renowned ICT companies comprising global giants like Microsoft, Cisco Systems, IBM, HP, Dell, Canon, Siemens, General Electric, Sun Microsystems, Computer Associates, PeopleSoft and Sony Ericsson along with other promising entrepreneurial ventures.
Get a Quote
Why Dubai Internet City for Business Setup?
Dubai Internet City is one of three initiatives of the Emirates government to develop Dubai into a knowledge-based economy. Knowledge Village (for academic institutes and training centres), Dubai Media City (for media-related companies), and DIC (for Technology companies) form the cornerstones of the government's vision for Dubai's growth.
Huge market for IT products and services in the Middle East and the abundant advantages that the UAE Free zones offer (tax exemptions, 100% ownership, liberal policies, etc.) continue to drive start-ups, successful technology SMEs, global IT players (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.), and Fortune 500 companies to register their business presence in the UAE.
Dubai Internet City is the perfect place for IT business setup as it offers the best technology start-up ecosystem in Dubai and has all the elements of the an ICT value chain. Robust IT infrastructure, extensive talent pool of multi-lingual and skilled staff, tranquil landscape, state-of-the-art offices, excellent retail services, residences and hotels, and 24-hour security ensures that this IT free zone is the strategic base for over 2 billion IT people contributing towards a GDP of $6.7 trillion.
Here are few reasons why DIC is the ideal location for your company formation:
- 100% exemption from personal and corporate income taxes for 50 years
- 100% exemption from customs duty
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of profits
- Dynamic international community
- Opportunities for business interaction and networking and market development
Business Set Up Process in Dubai Internet City
Specific legislation and regulation laws related to Employment, Dispute resolution and Licensing apply to the companies looking to for commercial opportunities in DIC. Setting up a business in Dubai Internet City is not tough once you approach a reliable service provider. There are multiple company formation formalities that need elaborate planning and decision making, and it's always advisable to have a local consultant who can guide you through the legal procedures so that you are spared from the administrative hassles.
Commitbiz takes care of the entire process, and helps you launch your technology business in DIC with great ease by ensuring that you conduct permissible business activity by availing suitable licenses.
Types of Permissible Legal Entities
DIC is an offshore area isolated from the mainland UAE; therefore companies located within this region are not allowed to do business outside DIC (unless they obtain necessary permissions from the relevant authorities). Entities can be legally registered in DIC in the following ways:
Types of Permissible Business Activities
There is a restriction on the type of business activities that can be performed within DIC. The license to carry out business in DIC is issued only to the corporates and/or individuals performing any of the below mentioned activities:
- IT Services – Development or offering standard IT based services like corporate learning, security solutions, IT training and localisation
- Internet and Multimedia – Development, and/or distribution of Internet or multimedia content and acting as an intermediary between multiple companies or individuals by providing them an online platform
- Software – Development, modification and installation of software products for own or third-party use
- Telecommunication and Network – Development, modification and installation of operating networks or providing network-based application services to self or third-parties. Also, manufacturing physical components and products within the zone (however direct trading into UAE market is not permitted)
Further, all 4 categories mentioned above are sub-divided into 4 segments, and companies need to obtain segment specific licence for their chosen licence category.
There are two types of business licenses available in Dubai Internet City:
- Service license
- Trading license
Procedures to obtain a business license
- Submit a business license application along with the proposed business plan and Passport photo copies of all shareholders, managers, and directors
- DIC will review the application and grant provisional approval letter to the applicant with a checklist of required legal documents
- Provisional approval letter must be accepted by the applicant, signed, stamped and sent back to DIC
- Submit all legal documents within 15 working days from the acceptance of the Provisional Approval Letter (There are different set of legal documents to be submitted depending on who the applicant is – A corporate body, Branch of a foreign or UAE company, or an Individual)
- DIC will review the legal documents, send applicant a Customer Confirmation Letter and check if the required office space is available
- Applicant have to return signed and duly stamped Customer Confirmation Letter to the DIC
- After receiving the Customer Confirmation Letter, DIC will issue an invoice for initial payment (Fee for licence and registration and 34% rental of the total annual lease)
- DIC will issue Personnel Sponsorship Agreement and office space Lease Agreement after receiving the initial payment
- Upon receiving the signed and stamped Lease and Personnel Sponsorship Agreement, DIC will issue a trade licence allowing the company to start trading
- DIC will issue the invoice for outstanding lease rental amount payable in two instalments after issuing the trade license (33% first instalment payable after 4 months from the initial payment date, and 33% second instalment payable after 4 months from the date of payment of first instalment)
The licensing and registration cost may vary based on a number of factors, you may contact Commitbiz executives to get the current cost structure by availing free consultation.
Commitbiz for Company Incorporation in Dubai Internet City
Commitbiz has been facilitating IT Start-ups, SMBs and Multinationals set up their base in DIC, by offering them premium services like administrative support, legal documentation, business licensing and registration, fully-furnished office-setup, etc., to foster their business growth. We have specialized team that works with existing and future enterprises and conducts feasibility studies and scouts for new business ventures by evaluating market potential and helping them with the initial investment.
We shoulder our clients' company formation burden, so that they can concentrate purely on revenue maximization! Contact us to setup your IT business in Dubai Internet City, our team will be glad to assist you.
Get a Quote
- Dileep Raj
Amigos Exhibition LLC
"Commitbiz, a team of "PROFESSIONALS" that's what they are. We had a great experience working together and we will never forget how they made us feel good".
- Fritz Leo Clement
Albatross Marine Equipments
"I found "Commitbiz managment consultants" extremely helpful, the staff are courteous, punctual and know their job, I got my business up and running, a process that would have taken months in my home country done in no time".
- Mr. K L Rao
"We are dealing with Commitbiz for the last 4 years and their service is very good and very friendly"..
- Rohin Thampi
"We signed up with Commitbiz to set our operations in Dubai based on a recommendation.."
- P. Hashim
Maxwell Dubai LLC
"We've been extremely impressed with the services provided by Commitbiz Management Consultants. Their in-depth knowledge on rules and regulations and prompt actions on each stages of the process made us comfortable.."