Technical services license is a type of commercial license aimed explicitly at business activities such as plumbing, painting, concrete works, etc. Dubai’s strategic location in the world, connecting itself to Asian and European markets, makes it the best place to start a technical service business.
To set up a technical service business in Dubai mainland, there are many things to consider. The first and foremost thing is looking for a local sponsor in Dubai. According to the law, a local sponsor, a UAE National can own up to 51% of shares in the business, while remaining will go to the business owner. One must also have to register itself as a Limited Liability Company (LLC) in Dubai Mainland to enter a technical service sector.
Benefits of Obtaining a Technical Services License
- 100% tax-free. Therefore no corporate or personal tax
- Provide services everywhere in the UAE
- Applying for government projects
- No currency restrictions nor a capital requirement
- Selecting office space anywhere in Dubai
- No provision of the audit report
- Hassle-free procedure
Activities Permitted Under Technical Services License
The different technical services license activities in Dubai are -
- Painting Contracting
- Insulation Contracting
- Wall Paper Fixing
- Plaster as well as Cladding Works
- Air-Condition, ventilation, also air filtration System Installation and Maintenance
- Plumbing as well as Sanitary Contracting
- Full Cleaning Services of a building as well as the mall.
- Satellite Receiving Equipment Installation, Also Maintenance
- Electricity Transmission and Control Apparatus Installation
- Floor and Wall Tiling Works
- Concrete Works
- Carpentry as well as Flooring Contracting
- Partition as well as False Ceiling Contracting
- Engraving as well as Ornamentation Works
- Electrical Fittings as well as Fixtures Services
Procedure to Obtain Technical Services License in Dubai
To set up any business in Dubai mainland, one requires obtaining a valid business license. To set up a shop related to any of the business activities mentioned above, one needs to obtain a Dubai technical service license. The steps to set up a technical services LLC Dubai business are -
1. Choose a Company Name
Choosing a company name is not easy in the UAE. There are a few things to keep in mind when making this decision. One must abide by a strict, yet easy to follow, set of naming conventions. In short, avoiding using any offensive or profane language. A company set up expert can help you with this step.
2. Application for Technical Services License
To apply for a license, the Department of Economic Development is the regulatory authority one must go to. When making your application, the company will need to provide the following documentation:
- Completed application form
- Passport copy of the proposed owner or owners
- Two colour passport size photos
- NOC from current employer (if applicable)
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Ejari (Tenancy Contract)
It is important to note that the MOA must be notarized in person at a Dubai, public notary. This process usually takes around two hours. The technical services license cost in Dubai varies depending on the business activities one chooses.
The steps do sound simple, but with the help of business setup specialists, things can be made even more comfortable.
How can we help?
Right from business incorporation to office space - we cover it all. Here are a few more things to know -
- Assisting in obtaining a technical service license
- Getting a reliable local sponsor
- Typing of MoA
- Translation services
- License renewable services
- PRO services, and much more.
Get in touch with us - we’d be happy to assist you.