The cultural capital of the UAE, Sharjah houses Sharjah Publishing City – an exclusive free zone for printing and publishing. Being one of a kind in the world, Sharjah Publishing City free zone is one of the most attractive destinations for all the publishers and book lovers. Covering a landscape of 400,000 sq. meters, it provides good warehousing and office space facilities for business owners.
Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) free zone is managed by the Sharjah Book Authority (SBA) and is under the rule of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al-Qasimi, the Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah. SPC free zone serves as a cultural hub and the most preferred destination for book traders. Publishing companies here get the advantage of having a land lease for 25 years which can be renewed, and full freedom in publishing. SPC authorities provide a license within 24 hours.
Benefits of Setting Up a Business in SPC
Under the management of Sharjah Book Authority, SPC free zone serves a lot of advantages for the business group and also for the investors in Sharjah, like:
- Entrepreneurs who are willing to set up their business in SPC can own an office space at a very low cost starting from AED 1,350
- Companies in SPC free zone have been given a leasing contract for 25 years which can be renewed at a later point of time
- Sharjah Book Authority has cut down the legal requirements for setting up a business in Sharjah free zone
- There is provision of trading license within 24 hours of time span
- The companies in SPC can employee 100% of expatriates
- An exemption is provided on income tax and import-export tax for the companies who start their business venture in SPC
- Low cost of living, manpower supply and of printing logistics
- 100% ownership and fund repatriation of income
- Local Sponsorship and e-channel visa services are provided for the staff of any company in SPC free zone
Amenities Provided at Sharjah Publishing City
SPC provides a great deal of facilities for new entrepreneurs and business ventures with which they can get a head start for their business:
1. Office Space
A minimum space of 25 sq. meter for office is available and the office rent includes office space, car parking, utility bills, and cleaning of common area. The rent varies between unfurnished and furnished office, where an unfurnished office will cost you AED 1,350 per sq. meter and a furnished office around AED 1,550 per sq. meter (annually).
SPC free zone provides cost-efficient pre-built warehouses for new businesses. The cost for warehouses in SPC is as follows:
|Warehouse Size||Office Space||Storage Space||Cost Per Annum|
|125 sq. m||22 sq. m||103 sq. m||AED 60,000|
|250 sq. m||60 sq. m||190 sq. m||AED 110,000|
|400 sq. m||60 sq. m||340 sq. m||AED 160,000|
3. Trade License
As mentioned earlier, business people can get a license within 24 hours in SPC free zone. There are two licenses which a business owner can opt for, according to their business type:
- Commercial Business License: Businesses which are involved in import/export, distribution, consolidation, storage or warehousing can acquire a commercial business license for AED 7,500 per annum
- Professional/Service License: People involved in professional services can get a professional license in accordance with their profession at the same price, for AED 7,500 per annum
Now that you have an idea about how company formation Sharjah Publishing City free zone can be advantageous for your business, we at Commitbiz.com can help you in your business setup activities. Our experienced team and professional consultants guide you set up your business smoothly and without any bureaucratic interruption. If you are planning to form a publishing or event management company in the Middle East, do contact us – we will help you reach your goal.