Located in the Northeastern Coast of Arabian Peninsula, Qatar with its capital Doha has turned out to be an appealing and growing business platform. The platform turns out to be a feasible to business investors and entrepreneurs who thinks of investing in the Middle East countries. The country ranks itself in the first position when it comes to per capita income in the world. Setting up a business in Qatar has emerged to be one of the best investment destinations as it provides a platform to various business entities. This article will take you through the establishment of a Branch Office in Qatar. Let’s start with…
What is a Branch Office?
A branch office turns out to be an extended arm of a parent company where business activities are carried out. Branch offices are mostly engaged in settling out different business aspects such as human resource, marketing etc. Any foreign company who aims to execute contract with the Qatari Government has the flexibility to set up a branch office in Qatar provided they need to abide by the regulations set by the Ministry of Qatar. To get a clearer picture about branch office, let’s focus on certain key factors of a branch office in Qatar.
Highlights of a Branch Office in Qatar
- Initially needs to be authorized by the Ministry of Economy and Commerce
- Branch offices turns out to be fully taxable unless a special contract is registered
- No minimum capital requirements
- Approval from Minister of Business and Trade is required before branch office registration
- Are entitled to perform specific contract for which it is registered
Documents Required to Set Up a Branch Office in Qatar
To set up a branch office in Qatar one needs to hold the following essentials:
- Letter of support from the Qatari government stating whom the services will be rendered to
- Copy of contract with the Qatari Government
- Authorization from the Ministry of Economy and Commerce to establish a branch
- Notarized, Authenticated copies of Power of Attorney from the Foreign Company to the manager of the branch
- Qatar Chamber of Commercial Registration
Once the above-stated documents are in-hand, you can proceed towards the company setup process in Qatar.
How to open a Branch Office in Qatar?
To register a branch office in Qatar, the following steps are to be initiated:
The very first step that you need to go ahead with is filing out an application along with the necessary details regarding the business entity and the shareholders
2.Drafting of MOA
In the next step, Memorandum of Association (MOA) needs to be drafted that needs to be submitted to the Ministry of Economy and Commerce
3.Obtaining Commercial Residence from Ministry
Once submitted, an approval regarding commercial residence is to be obtained
A computer-card needs to be registered so as to employ for full-time and complete the projects within the project deadline.
Once the branch has been approved, and the commercial registration is issued, the following licenses must also be obtained:
- Commercial License
- Signage License
- Immigration Card
Why to Setup a Branch Office in Qatar?
Now, the answer of this question lies in the following points:
- To perform a specific project with the Qatari government
- There is no requirement for any Qatari partner while setting up a branch office in Qatar
- Branch office is registered to perform government related projects and is not applicable to private sector
As you can see that opening a branch office in Qatar can help your business to expand its reach. The establishment process turns out to be way easier if you have a helping-hand. At Commitbiz, we focus on providing the core essentials required to set up a branch office. If you are looking out for the same, do contact us today even if it’s for a friendly advice-we’d be glad to assist you.