Sharjah is one of the fastest-growing and developing Emirates in the U.A.E. after Dubai and Abu Dhabi. It is considered as a home to many diverse collections of businesses as it fulfils the needs of companies all over the U.A.E. Sharjah has many different kinds of industries, making it an industrialized Emirate as well. There are numerous company formation opportunities in Sharjah for investors and business owners.
Anyone wanting to open a sole proprietorship, branch office, or a civil company must have a local service agent license. Only one (1) person owns individual establishments to practice any economic activity (business or professional). The establishment's financial obligation extends to the establishment owner, as he/she endures all financial obligations of the establishment.
If the holder of the establishment is not a U.A.E. or G.C.C. national, the license must be controlled through a local Service Agent who must be a U.A.E. national and must be a natural person and not a corporate legal entity.
The Local Service Agent will deal with the government officials and Ministries on behalf of the company and facilitates the renewal process. Local service agents and local partners from the U.A.E. are reliable and honest. And they can be bound inside the agreement, and separate P.O.A. can be taken from them. With a Local Partner, it is common to arrange side agreements that redefine the conditions between the parties in favour of the actual owners/managers of the company.
Procedure to Appoint a Local Service Agent in Sharjah
The process of appointing a local service agent for a branch, sole proprietorship or a civil company are –
- Attendance of the license parties for the initial license approval from the trade names section
- Attendance of the license parties or their legal representatives to sign the Business Partnership Contract or a Local Service Agent Agreement
- The investor will contact the Licenses Section after completing the procedures of trade names, Legal affairs, and inspection to complete their transaction. The employee will review the necessary license data and endorse it or make the essential amendments to the existing data and add any if required.
- Pay the fees and get permission for auditing
- After paying the fees, a license and certificate of the commercial register will be issued
The documents required for completing the procedure mentioned above are –
- License form
- Certificate of Commercial name
- Copy of the passport and civil register abstract (family book) & national I.D. of the U.A.E. national
- No objection letter (NOC) from the applicant and a copy of the passport and visa or residence and identity card of the expatriate
- Report of technical assessment
- Consent issued by other Government authorities according to the type of business activity, if any
- Certified Local Service Agent Agreement by the legal affairs section
- Certified copy of the lease contract
- Map image or property certificate
- Billboard design
How can we help you?
Company formation in Sharjah is a lucrative proposition, and one must select the most appropriate legal entity to represent one's business. Commitbiz offers a wide range of highly consistent business management services that can help you in the realization of your business initiatives in Sharjah. Our team of professionals specializes in company incorporation, registration, accounting, tax advisory, and bookkeeping services. If you are looking to set up a company in Sharjah or anywhere in the U.A.E., do contact us. We'll be glad to assist you.