Dubai a place full of exquisite sites, beautiful beaches, gigantic buildings, and the most gastronomical food. The Middle East is famous for two things: oil and food. The new trend in the food industry in Dubai is the idea of ‘food trucks’. The whole idea of starting a food truck is derived from the West, and it has now reached the Middle East, with people accepting and loving the whole picture of eating from a street-side food truck. People in Dubai live a rich lifestyle, eating in expensive restaurants and hotels, but now that there’s been a revolution in the streets of Dubai – a food revolution – everyone’s willing to explore. People are investing more in food and beverage in Dubai and are ready to try new things when the hit the roads of Dubai.
The food truck licensing in the UAE first started when the government of Abu Dhabi started providing licenses for food truck businesses. After making its mark in the US and European markets, the food truck business has become very popular in Dubai markets and is now the most successful business set up in Dubai. The food truck business is very attractive in the view of investors but only if you have something new to feed the people of Dubai. In recent news, Dubai has got its first floating food truck named ‘Aqua Pod’ which will be serving the jet skiers, yachters, and other aquatic adventurous people in the Dubai Palm Lagoon, Al Sufouh and Kite Beach of Dubai’s Jumeirah region.
Why the Food Truck Business?
The food truck business in Dubai is driving in the lane of success with great pace, and the credit goes to the people of the Emirates who have made it famous. This new prospect in the Emirates’ food is a fortune for the people who are thinking of setting up a business in Dubai in the food truck sector, and now is the best time to step in the market. Although setting up a food truck business is not as easy as it sounds, you need to have a proper business idea to get started. Food truck business requires less amount of capital, is less risky, and is a great opportunity to set up a business in Dubai.
Here are a few points as to why obtaining a food truck license in Dubai is a good idea.
- The food truck business is growing at a rapid pace in Dubai. A number of investors in the city are showing interest to back up this industry.
- The food truck business Dubai is creating a demand for function vehicles that are capable of supporting cooling and heating facilities.
- Food truck license in Dubai creates fresh investment opportunities for people who are looking for better returns on their investment.
- Unlike the restaurant business, food trucks give you the advantage of being mobile and reach most of the markets such as park, beach, streets and picnic areas, which will fetch more customers than a normal residential place.
- One of the reasons to get a food truck license in Dubai is that now people need a change in their food habits and give up their desires of eating super expensive food in five-star hotels. They prefer simple food which is easily accessible.
How to Get a Food Truck License in Dubai?
Dubai government carries out everything in a proper order and with a set code of conduct. Acquiring a food truck license in Dubai is a complex process. Anyone planning to set up business in Dubai in the food truck industry needs to get approval from 4 stakeholders who are: the Department of Economic Development (DED), Dubai Municipality, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) and the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA).
Let us see the step-by-step procedure as to how to acquire a food truck license in Dubai:
- The first and foremost step would be to submit your business plan to the DED and Dubai Municipality for approval of the same. After the approval, you can move on to the next step.
- The food truck needs to be backed by a central kitchen or a catering license. In the 2nd step, you need to submit a certificate of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) kitchen layout for approval.
- Create a blueprint of your truck because the design and fit-out of the truck are very important. You need to submit it and get an approval from the government authority.
- Choose a location; your business will depend on the type of locality you will be targeting in Dubai. So having the most effective and potential location for your food truck is a crucial step.
- Buy a truck and design it according to the fit-out approved by the authorities. The truck should be supportive of your kitchen and it should be capable of handling the heat. Furthermore, there should be proper ventilation available in the truck.
- The final step is to take a license for your food truck and start the cooking.
Getting a food truck license in Dubai might be a complex procedure for anyone who is setting up a business in Dubai for the first time; but with the help of our business consultants in Dubai, getting a food truck license will be a cinch. Business setup in Dubai can be made easy with the help of professional advice, which we at Commitbiz.com provide to our customers.