Abu Dhabi, the federal capital of the UAE and the largest of the seven Emirates, with 80% of the country’s land area, is a popular business hub with a coastline that stretches over 700 kilometres. There are several free zones in Abu Dhabi which offer favourable environment for business setup in the Emirates and provide a gateway for foreign investors to tap its full potential.
Benefits of Setting Up a Business in Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi has a business-friendly environment with simplified company incorporation process.
- The emirate has a fast immigration process.
- There is no dearth of educated and skilled professionals in Abu Dhabi.
- Abu Dhabi has one-window operation for a wide range of government services like visa formalities, residential permits, licensing, and postal services.
- Abu Dhabi encourages company formation by supporting businesses in free zones, that offer 100% foreign ownership, corporate and personal income tax exemption, and full repatriation of capital and profits
Business Licenses in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi has the provision of 6 types of business licenses for investors setting up a firm. These are:
- Commercial license for conducting trading activities
- Agricultural license
- Professional license for individuals (e.g., carpentry, services)
- Occupational License for consultants, lawyers, journalists
- Industrial license
- Tourism license
Process of Company Formation in Abu Dhabi
- Obtain a trade name approval from the Department of Planning and Economy
- Start a tenancy agreement
- Conclude a notarized partnership agreement or a services agency agreement
- Get a license with the competent authority
- All the above documents together with other relevant information to be submitted to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Abu Dhabi