What are the Requirements for Business Setup in Dubai Mainland?

by Zaara 08, Feb 2021

What are the Requirements for Business Setup in Dubai Mainland?

Dubai has become one of the fastest cities in terms of business establishment and its development for several years. The Emirate of Dubai offers a conducive environment for entrepreneurs and investors to thrive.

Setting up a business in mainland Dubai allows companies to trade within the local markets and conduct business internationally. But, you need to get acquainted with the various facts associated with the company set up in Dubai and avoid the problems mostly encountered while launching a profitable enterprise in the UAE.

Company Formation in Dubai Mainland

The Dubai mainland is a highly preferred destination where you can start your business venture. Both the business opportunities and amenities make it an ideal destination to set up a business. The interesting fact behind this process is that it avoids paying any personal and corporate taxes. These are specialized features that make the Mainland a promising place for people who plan to set up or open their branch offices. The process of establishing a business in a new region is a bit difficult. It is due to new company incorporation is a job that requires profound knowledge and prudent thinking about the procedures and marketplace involved.

Here are the benefits of company formation in Dubai Mainland

  • You can operate your business from any part of the UAE.
  • No currency restrictions
  • Secure processing of employment visas
  • Mainland business in Dubai enjoys a 100% corporate tax exemption.
  • No audit requirement in Dubai Mainland
  • Hassle-free business setup procedures to get the license and registration
  • You are free to choose office locations anywhere in Dubai.
  • One can trade internationally and expand its business presence.
  • You can work with the UAE and GCC governments.

Why Set up a Business in Dubai?

Having your business in Dubai will help you access the best transportation, sustainability, and other facilities within quick reach. In short, the company set up in Dubai Mainland is socially, economically, politically accessible, apart from having the leverage of favorable demographics.

  • Dubai has been ranked as one of the top cities for entrepreneurs.
  • Dubai is a business locality with one of the significant ports linking 140 ports in 6 continents.
  • It is a global city with a diverse culture and a tax-free business location.
  • Dubai is home for more than 42,000 millionaires with the lowest crime rate.
  • Dubai is one of the world’s safest cities.

Requirements to Setup your Business in Dubai Mainland

Before deciding to open your company in mainland Dubai, there are a few requirements and conditions to keep in mind. They are as follows -

  1. A foreign investor or the business owner must appoint a local sponsor who shall be the UAE National. The local sponsor will hold the maximum, 51% of the shares in the business while the remaining, 49% will go the foreign investor.
  2. If you are getting a professional license, a foreigner will hold 100% shares in the business. But they will appoint a local service agent for their assistance.
  3. Minimum office space required for any business in Dubai mainland is 200 sq.ft
  4. Approval from the Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED), Dubai Municipality (DM), Ministry of Labor (MoL), Ministry of Interior (MoI), and other related authorities is mandatory for company formation in Dubai mainland.

If these requirements are met, you will be ready to start a business in Dubai.

We at Commitbiz can help you set up your company in Dubai in a hassle-free manner. Right from business incorporation to office space, we cover it all. Contact us today for more information.

Start your Entrepreneurship Journey Today in UAE from AED 5,500

Commitbiz will help you with every step of your success journey. You can get one-on-one mentorship from our experts and get guidance on how to clear the legal proceedings and grow your business.

Know More