Sharjah Publishing City free zone is the world’s first free zone concept dedicated exclusively to serving the global publishing and printing industry. The free zone provides all the infrastructure and services along with a business-friendly environment so that an entrepreneur can successfully operate their publishing company and contribute to the thriving local and regional publishing ecosystem to help run a profitable publishing company.
Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) was established in the year 2017 by the Royal Decree of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, the Ruler of Sharjah. It is currently managed by the Sharjah Book Authority, a particular branch of the Government of Sharjah, that controls the umbrella of projects related to the ruler’s visionary goals for the Emirate.
How Will You Benefit from Business Setup in SPC?
- 0% tax
- 100% business ownership
- 100% capital repatriation
- No currency restrictions
- Complete range of business activities related to Publishing and Printing sector
- Licensing of subsidiaries, startup companies, and branches
- Wide choice of facilities- furnished, unfurnished, offices and storage
- Full range of commercial activities related to publishing and offset and POD printing sector
- One-stop-shop for government services, company registration, and licensing
- Prime central location with entrance to all other emirates, Gulf Corporation countries, and near seaports and airports
- Carefully fashioned and fully reinforced ecosystem by the Government for Publishing and Printing businesses to thrive
Types of Business Entities in SPC Free Zone
- Free Zone Establishment: A single shareholder company (individual or corporate entity)
- Free Zone Company: Multiple shareholders up to 7 (individual or corporate entity or mix of both)
- Local Branch: Branch of a UAE company
- International Branch: Branch of a foreign company
Types of Business Licenses Available in SPC Free Zone
- Commercial License: Export, Import, Distribution, Consolidation, Storage and Warehouse
- Service License: All service-related activities
Types of Office/Commercial Space in SPC Free Zone
- Furnished office
- Unfurnished office
- Retail/café and restaurants
- Storage facilities
Steps to Start Your Business in Sharjah Publishing City
The steps to start a business SPC Free Zone is same as any other UAE Free Zone. The free zone offers humongous opportunities to the book industry by capitalizing on tax-free privileges while benefitting from being a wholly independently owned and operated company. The businesses in SPC have the incentive to work in an atmosphere which reassures fast growth and helps in reaching markets that the organizations did not have access to previously. The steps are as under:
- Select a business activity to further get a business license
- Select a trading name which is not similar to any establishing business in Sharjah
- Get an initial approval from the Sharjah Department of Economic Development
- Submit documents to the authority for business registration
- Apply for a business license
- Once your application is reviewed and accepted you will get a Certificate of Registration and a Business License
Documents Required for Business Setup in SPC
- Application form
- Passport copy of shareholders, directors, and managers
- Proof of address of shareholders
- Visa and Emirates ID copy of shareholders, directors, and managers
- Passport size photograph of shareholders
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Specimen signature of the proposed manager
- Board resolution and power of attorney
Business Incorporation in Sharjah Publishing City
Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone covers roughly 100,000 sq. m. area, and comes furnished with the latest technology for any corporate owner to have a successful business. This comprises of conference rooms, high-speed broadband, and secretarial services. The full-service printing and publishing free zone is a resourceful hub for those in the trade, or who wish to enter the publishing market, providing a platform for an exchange of original ideas and information in a fully reinforced and integrated environment.
How Can We Help?
We at Commitbiz Management Consultant can help you start a business in Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) free zone. Our advisors are well-versed with the legal formalities in the UAE and can make this process hassle-free. Contact us today – we’d be happy to help!