Outsourcing business activities has lately been the talk of the town. It is a money and time-saving method and will also help the company get business solutions from industry experts. So naturally, the most preferred business hub in the UAE, Dubai, has been flocked with the companies providing the outsourcing services. The Emirate has a free zone providing business setup needs, especially for such outsourcing companies. Let us know more about it.
About Dubai Outsource City Free Trade Zone
Dubai Outsource City Free Zone is developed by TECOM enterprise that provides a comprehensive solution for outsourcing companies. It was launched in 2007 by Dubai Internet City with the primary purpose of catering demand for outsourcing companies. DOC free zone in Dubai supports HR outsourcing, IT outsourcing, back-office activities, call centre operations, and business process outsourcing. It presently houses over 120 companies, including global companies that have chosen DOC for their back office and outsourcing activities. Currently, significant business concerns like Adventity BPO, Air Travel Enterprises, Alwesal Marketing Management, Dulsco, MENA Business Services are operating from DOC.
Advantages of Dubai Outsource City Free Zone
- 100% foreign ownership
- Geographically strategic location
- 100% repatriation of profits and capital
- Low-cost business operations
- Simplified incorporation process
- Hassle-free company laws and legal framework
- Quick access to knowledge workers due to the fast-track immigration process
Types of Business Entities to be registered in DOC Free Zone
Both foreign and local individuals can set up a company in DOC free zone. The corporate structures allowed are as follow-
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC) – This business entity is formed as an independent legal entity with its shareholders. The minimum capital requirement depends on the business activities followed by the business. It includes the following-
- FZ-LLC with a corporate person as a shareholder
- FZ-LLC with natural and corporate person as a shareholder
- FZ-LLC with natural person as a shareholder
- Branch of a Foreign / UAE Company – A branch office is officially dependent on its home company, even if its place of concern is not in the leading company's headquarters. Under this, there is no mandate of minimum capital requirement.
Facilities Provided by DOC Free Zone
Following facilities provided by DOC free zone-
- Office space – DOC free zone provides state-of-art commercial offices suited for all types of businesses and professional corporate venues. The office spaces will range from 1,000 square feet and upwards
- Retail - Restaurants, Pharmacies, Parlors, Convenience Stores, and other retail shops add utility and enjoyment to a community environment. Land for retail purposes is located close to the designated community centres in Dubai Outsource City.
Services Provided by DOC FZ
At DOC free zone, all the technologies are combined in a custom-made infrastructure including next-generation telecom which provides services like:
- High-speed internet connectivity
- IP telephony
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) facility
- Automatic call distribution
- Predictive dialling systems
- Satellite communication services
- Technical support
Procedure to Set up a Business in DOC Free Zone
Here are the steps required to register your business in the DOC free zone.
- Select and register your company name
- Select a business entity from the options mentioned above
- File for an application to the Free Zone Authority. The form should be filled in with all the required details of the applicant. It must also include documents which are as follows-
- Business Plan
- Valid passport copies of shareholders, managers, directors, and legal representative (if appointed)
- Certificate of business name registration
- Once all the documents are submitted, you must also obtain the business license
- For obtaining a license, you have to submit one more application to the officials
- After your documents have been approved, the next step is the selection of office space and payment of all the fees
- Select a suitable commercial office space
- Pay fees of company registration and business license to the authorities
- To officially begin the business, sign and collect the following documents-
- Office Lease
- Articles and Memorandum of Association
- License and Certificate of Incorporation
Requirements to Open a Company in DOC Free Zone
There are a few conditions you need to follows to open a company in this free zone. They are-
- A minimum share capital of AED 300,000
- At least one shareholder (an individual or a company)
- At least one director
How can we help?
The process is simple and can be completed with a bit of help from the advisors. We at Commitbiz can be the 'help' you require for setting up a business in DOC free zone. Contact us today- we'd be glad to help you out.