The Dubai International Media Production Zone (IMPZ) was founded in the year 2000, with its headquarters in Dubai. The IMPZ in Dubai is dedicated to the production companies and is located near the Jumeriah Village South. The government of Dubai wants to transform this free zone into an evolved copy of Dubai Media City. IMPZ houses professional companies that come from all around the world. It gives business, retail, and residential lifestyle to the businessmen situated in its location. This business park serves graphic art, publishing, printing, packaging, and media production companies.
As a master developer, IMPZ provides an atmosphere of growth by building essential facilities, investing in the foundation, and forming a different free zone that incorporates commercial, industrial, residential, and community service projects under its mantle. The vast complex is housed on the territory of over 43 million square feet of land, in the heart of Dubai commercial.
IMPZ's vision is to develop itself into a global media hub and provide a pro-business ecosystem, sophisticated technology, and central infrastructure to promote and foster the growth of media production.
IMPZ at Glance
- The free zone is covered in a vast land area located in the Mohammad Bin Zayed Road, which has significant growth potential. According to the survey, less than 30% of the land area has been developed so there are numerous plots for further creation
- Improved accessibility through the outlet of Al Fay Street in 2013
- New MAF City Centre Mall opened in the year 2015 boosting the IMPZ as a self-enclosed residential vacation spot
- Inventory, storage, and distribution facilities
- Exclusive office spaces that provide branding opportunities
Type of Business Entities in IMPZ Dubai
To set up a business in IMPZ, you need to choose a business entity. The options available for an investor are as follows-
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company
- Branch Office
Activities Provided by IMPZ Dubai
- Digital and newspaper printing
- Commercial and industrial printing
- Support services
- Import and export
- Online publishing and electronic content
Licenses Provided by IMPZ Dubai
To get a valid license, you need to decide on business activity. Here are the licensing options provided in the International Media Production Zone, Dubai
- Print Press License – A license given for publishing activity
- General License – A license given to carry out activities like travel, courier services, insurance, legal advisory, marketing, and others
- Designer License – One can take up the profession of graphic design once you get this license
How to Register a Company in IMPZ Dubai?
Starting your business in Dubai is complex, and local knowledge is vital. Business setup in IMPZ zone is simple and straight-forward, just like in other free zones. Here are the steps you can follow to register your business-
- Register your trade name with the IMPZ authorities. It is important to note that your business name must not be similar to the name of any established business in Dubai
- Get primary approval from the IMPZ authorities. The approval is permission taken to start the business registration process officially
- Fill in an application form by mentioning all the details
- Gather all the documents and attach it with the application form. Once this is done, submit it for review
- The authorities then review the application, if there are no glitches, your registration will be approved
- Under this step, you will be provided with the Certificate of Incorporation and a Business License
- Sign and collect the Memorandum of Association
- Open a business bank account and submit the share capital
- Sign a lease document and get an office space
After this step, you can start your business officially in the International Media Production Zone, Dubai.
Documents Required for Registering Business in IMPZ
- Application form for company registration and license
- Business plan
- Memorandum of Association
- Valid passport copy of shareholders, managers, directors, and legal representatives, if appointed
- Proof of share capital
Benefits Offered by IMPZ Dubai
- This free zones production cluster focusing on printing and publishing sectors will contribute better infrastructure for different activities, open as leasehold land and distinct units for printing, production, and logistics
- Per unit will act as a full facility for production operations with exits for loading and unloading raw supplies and finished goods. The thermally-insulated stock units will be made available on an annual rental basis
- Printing businesses also have the option of taking various units or may choose a combination of both land and production units
- It has close proximity to the Jebel Ali Port and recently announced Jebel Ali Airport City. This strategic location will considerably ease imports, exports, and logistics operations
- IMPZ deploys and promotes an eco-friendly environment, where tested concepts and practices are adopted to recycle waste and enable companies to utilize each other’s by-products instead of disposing of them as waste
If you are interested in starting a business in IMPZ Dubai, we at Commitbiz are here to help you. Our advisors have developed comprehensive capabilities and have emerged as the chosen partner in several innovative and path-breaking initiatives undertaken by various businessmen across the world. Contact us today to know more.