Residents of UAE can finally breathe a sigh of relief as a new messaging app, Yzer can finally help them legally make cost-conscious video calls to their loved ones at just Dh5 a day. Launched by the Yzer group last Wednesday at the Jumeriah Al-Naseem Hotel in Dubai. The cloud-based messaging app allows a user to be able to make voice calls, video calls, texts, group chat and further offer automatic translation. The app can be downloaded from the Play Store for Android users and the App Store for Apple users.
New Wave of VoIP Services in UAE
VoIP is an acronym for “Voice over Internet Protocol”, which alludes to any service which allows calls, whether they be voice or video calls, to be made over the internet. Some of the well-known VoIPs are Skype, WhatsApp, Viber and FaceTime. These services have been banned in the UAE. This is because the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority(TRA) allows for VoIP services to be made only through two Internet Service Providers (ISPs)- Etisalat and Du. Therefore, it is up to these ISPs to allow these VoIP services in UAE which they haven’t.
The ISPs mentioned above do offer alternatives- C’ME and BOTIM. Both are, however, too expensive for the cost-conscious consumer. This is where the Yzer group steps in with its new messaging app. Yzer aims at providing individual and business users with a full communication suite, including video and voice calling at a cheaper rate. The notable feature of this app is that it contains a built-in translator that will instantly translate all messages across 16 languages, including Arabic, French, and Chinese. Yzer plans to expand this list further to 25 languages by the end of 2020.
Two packages are available to the mobile users of Du. They can access the app and its services for as cheap as Dh5 a day and Dh50 a month. However, WiFi users will have to shell out Dh100 a month to enjoy the VoIP service. These rates are excluding the five per cent value-added tax. Etisalat subscribers, on the other hand, will only be able to use this messaging app once the two companies have an understanding.
Alibek Issaev, founder, chairman, and CEO of Yzer Group in an interview with Al Arabiya English stated that he wanted to build a messaging app based around the translation engine that he had previously created. He believes that messaging apps are the future of online communication. Issaev had previously incorporated the now-defunct multilingual social networking website Dudu.com. Furthermore, Issaev promised that in six months, the app would be updated to allow real-time subtitles in its video call feature.
Beneficial to Opening Businesses in the UAE
Yzer is an excellent asset to business communication as the UAE has banned the popular VoIP services. This will lead to Yzer being used as a cost-effective means to communicate with clients and co-workers domestically and abroad. The translation feature is an added incentive for Yzer to be used by all businesses in the UAE. Industry sources state that multi-purpose apps will define the next level of user experiences. Therefore, it is very lucrative, now more than ever, to start a business in the UAE.
The following are the benefits of starting a business in the UAE-
- The government of UAE doesn’t charge any tax on personal, capital or corporate income. Furthermore, it allows 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- UAE has world-class infrastructure. This is especially true if you set up a company in Dubai as it is considered the commercial and financial hub of the UAE.
- The country has a skilled workforce in plentitude.
- There is flexibility in incorporating a business as UAE is a federation of seven emirates. Each emirate has its benefits and can be chosen according to the needs and objectives of the company. There is further flexibility in the setting up of a business in various locations like the Mainland, Freezone or as an Offshore business.
Starting a business in UAE is a relatively easy and hassle-free task. However, the process of incorporation is a time-consuming procedure, which can be dealt with by hiring a business consultant.
Given below are specific reasons to hire a business consultant when setting up a business in the UAE.
Reasons to Hire a Business Consultant in the UAE
Hiring a business consultant, when incorporating a business in the UAE, provides you with an edge over your competitors. It also awards many benefits that you and your emerging company will reap, even in the long term. These benefits are as follows:
- Conservation of time- setting up a company without a consultant’s help will lead to wastage of time when you could focus this valuable limited resource on other vital tasks.
- Legal aid- a business consultant will know all the laws of UAE. Even if you are well versed with the laws of the UAE, a consultant will have a more practical understanding of the legal system.
- Guide- a business consultant will act as your guide while you start your business in the UAE, leading you to the most optimal path for your company. The consultant’s services will be helpful even after you have incorporated your business.
- Customised Solutions- Each business has different problems. It is the job of the business consultant to provide personalised solutions depending on the unique issues faced by your company.
We, at Commitbiz, aim to provide you with such premier services. Our expert advisors who are well-versed with the process of company incorporation can help simplify and expedite the process of establishing a business in the UAE. To know more, do contact us- we would be delighted to help you.