A major part of Abu Dhabi’s long term economic vision, Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (KIZAD) was built with an aim to contribute 15% of the emirate’s non-oil GDP by the year 2030. It has been designed to meet the highest standards of infrastructure, logistics, and investor support, and built right next to Khalifa Port, linked to UAE’s major road networks. The free zone is open to start-ups, entrepreneurs, traders, SMEs, and consultants from across a range of sectors and has been set up as a part of KIZADs support for Abu Dhabi's economic vision. According to the reports of Ministry of Economy, SMEs represent 94% of total number of companies operating in the UAE and employ more than 86% of the private sector workforce. Hence, KIZADs due importance to SMEs setting up their business in the free zone will lead to gradual development.
Business Setup in KIZAD Abu Dhabi
KIZAD free zone in Abu Dhabi is known for having low business setup cost with streamlined administrative processes enabling investors to setup their business in the region within a short span of time. The free zone also has a One Stop Shop business service concept which delivers unprecedented value and convenience by facilitating relationships with government and licensing authorities as well as utility companies thus speeding up the process of obtaining approvals. To sum up, KIZAD gives investors optimum access to reach markets within the region, provides low operating cost, efficient access to markets, and ease of conducting business in a uniquely proactive way.
Advantages in KIZAD Free Zone Abu Dhabi
- Strategic geographical location connecting east and the west
- Facilities to suit all business types
- Low cost of operation and time saving
- One stop service responding actively to all business needs of the investors
- Availability of bankable agreement
- No customs duty for goods and services within the free zone
Types of Corporate Structures in KIZAD Free Zone Abu Dhabi
There are two main types of companies that can be established in KIZAD. They are:
- Limited Liability Company
Types of Licenses Available in KIZAD Free Zone Abu Dhabi
- Trading License- Under this license, enterprises can carry out activities that include import, export, distribution, stocking, and warehousing products.
- Service License- This type of license enables businesses to involve in management and economic consulting services, marketing services, logical support services such as freight forwarding, catering services, travel services etc.
- Industrial License- This type of license authorizes the import of raw material, manufacturing, processing, assembling, packaging, and export of a product.
Facilities Offered by KIZAD Free Zone Abu Dhabi
- Lease land
- Flexi Desk
- Light Industrial Units
- Executive Office
- Standard Office
Documents Required for Business Setup in KIZAD Free Zone Abu Dhabi
- Application form for business formation
- Passport size photo with white background
- Visa copy
- Educational qualification- Proof like Degree Certificate attested and translated in Arabic
- Arabic NOC from the current sponsor
- Board resolution calling for establishment of the entity
- Authorized signatory forms
Procedure to Start a Business in KIZAD Free Zone Abu Dhabi
The steps are as under,
- Determine the economic activity for your business
- Select the corporate structures from the above list
- Register your business name
- Get initial approval for your business
- Obtain approval from authorities other than DED
- Get your business license
To understand the above points in-depth, refer this page
Dual Licensing in KIZAD Abu Dhabi
KIZAD free zone also has a concept of dual licensing which largely benefits the companies operating in the freezone. This system allows businesses to have another license from Department of Economic Development (DED) in Mainland Abu Dhabi without the requirement of the UAE local service agent or local sponsor. The dual license holder do not need to have a physical office or tenancy agreement from mainland. This type of license is not available for branch of a foreign company.
Want to Set Up Your Business in KIZAD?
After understanding all the benefits and requirements of this free zone and how easy and time saving the process is, any investor would be everready to start the business setup process in this freezone. If you are one in the lot, we at Commitbiz can help you register your company in this free zone. Contact us today to know more about our registration services.