The essential characteristics of a modern-day member of society are a well-caring look and a clean haircut. Many investors recognize that this curiosity can be a cornerstone for a successful company opening a salon in the current era. This operation is high on demand, regardless of the geographical position in which the company is established. The UAE is not unaware of it because the saloon business is the most lucrative market place, especially in Sharjah.
It's a great idea to register for your salon license in Sharjah, and if you want to start your saloon. It might be a great idea to plan to open a salon in Sharjah, as there will always be demand for this service. People prioritize their hygiene with a high standard of living and an individual disposable income and thus take great care of their looks. As a result, the salon business in the city is exceptionally friendly.
The Procedure to Start a Salon in Sharjah
Sharjah’s mainland is the best way to get your salon license in Sharjah; compared to a free zone business setup, the mainland business setup would build more business prospects. For all types of businesses in the Sharjah mainland, the Sharjah Economic Development Department is the governing body. The critical steps in setting up a saloon in the state of the UAE are the following.
- The first move is to provide the partners who are investing in the company with passport copies.
- They must also show the visa copies of all the partners with the passport copies.
- Next, you can choose your salon name.
- To get it authorized, send the name to the DED.
- Draft and sign a Memorandum of Association or a Local Service Agent following official declaration from the Department of Economic Development.
- Lease a salon shop according to the necessary infrastructure and sign an agreement with the owner
- Get the agreement for the lease along with the Ejari number.
- Get authorization from the Sharjah Municipality's Planning Division.
- Obtain approval from the Sharjah Municipality Health and Safety Division
- Send all of the documents above and get the license required from the DED.
It takes about 2-4 weeks to get all of the above procedures completed. Once you get the DED license approval, you're ready to start your Sharjah salon.
Types of Salon License in Sharjah
There are essentially two types of salon licenses in Sharjah. They are:
- Women's Salon License
- Men’s Salon License
In Sharjah, a female salon or women's salon is approved for beautification and hair care. Haircare may include hair washing, trimming, coloring environment, straightening, waving, hair fixing, and henna services. And cosmetic procedures may consist of lipstick, skin cleaning. Skin hair removal, facial aesthetics, foot care, nail manicures, and treatment are also required to be carried out.
In Sharjah, a men's salon license is authorized to pursue hairstyling and other beautification treatments; hair care involves trimming, shaving, waving, dyeing, straightening, setting up hair strength support. Cosmetic procedures include skin washing, skin removal, foot care, and facial aesthetics.
Salon Requirements in Sharjah
- Sharjah Municipality's planning department must authorize the destination of the saloon in Sharjah.
- There must be a Sign Board displayed in front of the salon.
- The lighting used in the living room must be adequate, and the furniture used must be clean and fitting.
- They should follow the primary size of 3.0 m width x 3.5 m length as far as dressing chairs are concerned and must not specifically be less than that.
- The height of the salon between the ceiling and the floor must be greater than 2.30 m
- A separate area, such as a pedicure, manicure, hair removal, and henna design, must be planned for beauty treatments. The size of each such region with the correct partition must be greater than 2.50 m x 1.50 m
- For facial treatments, there must be a washing basin near the location.
- Fireproof materials must be used to prepare hair removal materials for the region.
- The salon must always have a heating system in the location.
- Cabinets and storage boxes must be provided to store cosmetics and towels.
Why Start a Salon in Sharjah?
If you have thought about the formation of a company in Sharjah for a more extended period and are interested in the salon industry, then this is the perfect time for you to move forward with your plan. The UAE’s loyal government policy towards foreign entrepreneurs and different corporate advantages will be a valuable addition to your business.
Not only this, the services provided by a salon in Sharjah are often in high demand, and a variety of additional services, such as training and make-up courses, can also be set up.
Still not sure how to do it? A professional who is accustomed to a business established in Sharjah will always support you. In addition to answering your questions about establishing a salon in Sharjah, we at Commitbiz offer to help you get through it. Our employees will analyze your requirements and cater to your needs. What's more, we also have services that can help you expand your company further. Contact us today, even if it's for a piece of friendly advice.