Bees, mosquitoes, flies, termites are dangerous and can be a severe threat to human health. Pest Control business is currently booming in Dubai, where government and residents put human health safety as a priority. And if you are thinking of setting a pest control business in the Dubai mainland, it is essential to understand the requirements before working on the incorporation process. The Department of Economic Development (DED) Dubai is the concerned authority who takes care of the documents and procedures to open your pest control business.
Pest Control Business in Dubai Mainland
Pest Control Licenses include firms engaged in plant protection and integrated pest management to control plant pest, fungal, and soil diseases by using methods of control, either manual, automatic, biological, chemical or by aircraft. Pest Control Licenses are controlled through Dubai Municipality, and additional external approvals are required.
The process to Obtain a Pest Control Business in Dubai.
- Select a trading name and get an introductory endorsement from the DED
- Submit the required documents alongside area subtleties in the Dubai Municipality (DM) office for applying investigation
- Once the investigation procedure is completed, you will get a No-Objection Certificate from DM in 3-5 days
- Once you get the NOC, you must continue with legal approbation for Memorandum of Association (MoA)
- Pay fees for obtaining the pest control license
After you get the business license in Dubai, you need to complete a few more requirements. It includes -
- Get a contract engineer
- Hire at least two specialists
- Have a transport/pickup van
Prerequisites for Hiring an Engineer
- The engineer must have a four-year certification in Agricultural/Insect security/Pesticide assurance/Open insurance + one-year involvement in open health pest control
- Valid international ID duplicates and visa duplicate
- Officer will check the records, and if required, they will request authentication proportional
- The designer/chief needs to give the test in the DM
So what includes in the DM test? Here are a few things to know.
- The cost of bug control permit tests in DM is AED 220
- Apply for the test online, and it will be a written test
- Minimum 70 marks and required for passing and if failed, you can reapply one month later
- The result will be out between 15-20 days
- After passing the test, continue with the issuance of online, distinguishing proof card
Prerequisite of a Hiring Technician
- Required to enlist at least two professionals
- The supervisor will train those professionals, and once all are well-versed they must show up for a test at DM
- Once you pay the fees, the rest of the total procedure is the same
A few other things to know for setting up a pest control exam are -
- DM pest control authority will add the company names in their approved list once the above three requirements are fulfilled
- Also, the supervisor and technicians need to have visas from the same company before starting operation
- License fees for DED and Chamber of Commerce are applicable
Hopefully, this article has made clear that if you’re armed with the right knowledge, incorporating a pest control business in Dubai mainland doesn’t have to be overly complicated. That being said, it does require a level of prior knowledge of the process. What’s more, it is essential to note that the application process is only straightforward if your license application is complete at the time of submission and free from errors.
We can help you set up any business in the UAE and can make a hassle-free procedure. Right from business incorporation to office space, we cover it all. Contact us today - we’d be happy to assist you.