Dubai is a city that not just offers stunning landscape, mesmerizing beaches, and shopping malls but also a pro-business environment which is open to anyone across the world. It is considered as one of the biggest economic city in the UAE and is home to a number of well-known tourist places like Burj Al Arab, Burj Khalifa, and Palm Island etc. Visualize yourself moving around the ostentatious lanes of Dubai in a shiny, huge, and super convenient personal limousine. People on business visits can leverage this service to reach their destination well within time and without facing terrible heat.
A limousine business can be a profitable enterprise, but starting one requires you to operate the complications of securing financing, purchasing vehicles, promoting your business, and above all understanding and complying with the regulatory environment. In fact, the limousine business has grown by an annual average rate of 2.7% over the last decade and brings in a wealth of over $12 billion in the United States alone. While this means there is more and more competition, it also means that there is money to be made in the right market. And what better than the United Arab Emirates. If you are someone who doesn't mind long hours, starting a limousine business in Dubai may be for you, but you will have to plan carefully, market effectively, and vary your types of service to ensure your business is a success.
Things to Consider While Starting a Limousine Business in Dubai
There are a few things that you must keep in mind before starting a limousine business. They are as follows-
- Convenient Booking – The limousine company should have an option of pre-booking through app along with booking through email, official website, and telephonic conversation. All the charges including tolls, taxes, service charge should be made clear to the customers at the time of booking. The booking process should be fast and hassle-free
- Customer Service – A 24/7 customer service must be available, and the helpline numbers must be answered immediately irrespective of the day or hour
- Team of Elite Drivers – The complete fleet of limousines has to be driven by a team of expert drivers. They should be experts at their job with years of training and experience
- Multiple Modes of Charging – The calculation of the fare can be made according to your choice. The option includes calculating fare based on time, zone, and meter-based, zone-based, and time-based
- Greetings – The driver must always keep enough margins for flight delays and early arrivals and will greet you with a smile on your arrival. There will be complimentary snacks offered to you at the airport
Reasons for Starting a Limousine Business in Dubai
A business should not be established just because you want it to. There has to be a market for the business for long-lasting profits and survival. Few reasons to start a limo business in Dubai are as follows.
- Hotels – This industry is a major client of limousines and high-end cars. It requires these elegant vehicles to ferry their high net worth clients. Hotels also provide such service free of cost for packages like birthday, wedding, and corporate events. Incorporating limousine services in Dubai experience a rewarding and satisfying business venture
- Large Business Enterprise – These are known as the second-largest consumers. It makes sense because boardroom deals and discussions can be initiated even while travelling from airport to hotel and vice versa
- Private Entities – Individuals and groups hire limousine for sightseeing, wedding, birthday bash and also to ferry their friends and relatives around Dubai
Procedure to Obtain the Limousine License in Dubai
The steps to secure your business license for a limousine are as follows-
- In the first step, you must gather all the necessary documents as asked by the authorities to register for a license. The documents required are-
- A passport with its photocopies
- No Objection Letter from your employer
- Eight photographs of you
- After gathering the documents, get an eye test done from a certified external optician. If your tests are positive, you are eligible to get the license
- Submit the documents to the Road Transport Authority (RTA). A temporary license must be carried every time during your training. The license is issued by RTA itself
- After successful completion of the training you must apply for a theory test. Here, you are required to answer a series of 35 questions. The test is carried out is any of the five authorized driving schools. The test requires you to carry-
- ID proof
- Two photos
- Temporary license, and
- Fee of AED 200
- The next step is crucial, i.e. taking the road test. Once you pass your training, a road test is mandatory. To complete the road test you need the following documents-
- Driving file and two photos
Fill an application form, pay the fees and take the test
- Once you pass, collect the approval certificate from your inspector, go to the pass counter and submit your ID and AED 100 and collect your test file. You must submit this test file to the control counter. All your papers and test results will be prepared and your name will be called and within 15 minutes, and you shall get your driving license
- In case you fail in the test, you’d need to take seven more lessons at the driving school before applying for the next theory test.
Once you get the license, you can apply for company registration with the DED.
If you feel completing the aforementioned steps is a daunting task, then we at Commitbiz can help you with it. Our advisors have years of experience in this field and make the process hassle-free. Contact us today- we’d be happy to help you.