The United Arab Emirates' efforts to diversify its economy from oil trade to various private sectors have stimulated some of its adept residents to follow business opportunities from the comfort of their homes. That is why home-based businesses have become some of the simplest, safest, and most affordable ways to generate income.
About Home-Based Business License in Dubai
The Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED), aiming to integrate start-ups and business activities that function online or on social networking sites within the Economic Department’s database, has launched a trader license in Dubai. Some of the benefits of obtaining this license are –
- It provides the essential consultations to start a business
- You get Dubai Chamber membership for commercial activities
- You also benefit from bank facilities
- You get a ‘Customs Client Code’, which is provided by Dubai Customs and facilitates import and export, via dubaitrade.ae
- An establishment card will be allotted to you, allowing you to hire three employees.
- You will also get provisional employment services.
- You will be able to participate in exhibitions, conferences, and training workshops.
To obtain a home-based business license, you must first register your business in Dubai. The first step to do so includes having a legal structure for your company.
The home business licenses offer legal structures are either Sole Establishment (UAE Nationals only) or a Limited Liability Company (LLC) in the case of ex-pats who must have a local sponsor.
The next step is to decide on a business activity that you want to operate for your home-based business.
There are over 1200 business activities available under the home business license / Bashr. Here are some of our suggestions for starting a home-based business.
- Makeup and Hairstyling
- Calligraphy and Painters – etc.
- Marketing Services
- Business Services
- Lifestyle Coaching – etc.
Videography Services – etc.
Once these critical decisions are taken, the further documents included to open your company are –
- Your valid Emirates ID + your partner’s Emirates ID
- Valid UAE Pass account
- UAE Pass digital signature
- Company information, investor details, address, trade name
- 1-2 years to submit a tenancy contract to DED
- Change of visa status to investor residency within 60 days of license issuance (for ex-pats only)
- NOC from the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) in case of employment/housewife status (for ex-pats only)
- Local sponsor with drafted signed and approved Memorandum of Association (for ex-pats only)
What Does Home-Based Business License Offer?
The home-based business license known as Trader License / Bashr) offers you -
- An establishment card from the FAIC
- Membership numbers in both the Chamber of Commerce & Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MoHRE)
- Ability to hire employees, up to 3 work permits will be available
- Renewal of commercial / trade license for over 1000 commercial activities
- Trade name registration
This license has opened doors to make homemakers and budding entrepreneurs wanting to set up a home-based business in a legal manner.
How can we help?
We at Commitbiz can help you get your trader license in UAE in a hassle-free and straightforward manner. Right from business incorporation to office space, we cover it all. Our consultants have years of experience in this field, and you can set up your business in no time.
Get in touch with us – we’d be happy to help you.