Dubai is the land of opportunities. Many economists and business professionals have charted this city as the best place to start your business because of the facilities such as world-class infrastructure, reliable connectivity, talented workforce, cosmopolitan workspace and incentives to invest further.
Why is Mainland such a Lucrative Area to set up in Dubai?
Dubai Mainland is the total geographical area permitted by the DED (Dubai Economic Department) to all private business entities and their representatives to operate commercial business functions. These are prime locations where a foreign business owner can work, for example, international chains of food, luxury goods, car makers, etc.
As per the Business Incorporation laws of UAE, a Foreign Owner can hold only up to 49% of the business if set up is in Mainland and a UAE national mandatorily holds 51% of total equity except in the following cases:
- Activities with 100% GCC ownership
- Instances where GCC companies enter into a partnership with UAE National
- Where the law requires 100% local ownership.
- Businesses located in Free Zones
The following are the jurisdictions that provide the mainland business opportunities:
Sheikh Zayed Road
This road is the development structure of the city of Dubai. It has the most prominent building and skyline, which amasses wealth and Dubai's evolution and accommodates some of the world's largest ventures, international companies, and businesses.
Al Karama, Bur Dubai, and Deira
All these three areas are the older parts of Dubai. They are known for historic venues, tourist destinations, residential complexes, real estate, gold souk, and wholesale businesses.
If you are looking for infrastructural assistance for business ventures such as financial sectors, professional consultants, retail industry, hospitality ventures, Business Bay is the location for you. It is the central business district and is responsible for creating multiple business set up centres.
It is one of Dubai's upcoming commercial hubs and has the benefit of providing warehouse and industrial options closer to the city. This area has been divided into four parts – factories, industrial setups, warehouse, and other locations. It also consists of shopping centres, malls, and labour accommodation zones.
This area is known for residential areas and industrial zones. It is also considered among the biggest areas to accommodate educational institutes and medical centres.
It is the city's coastal part and a hub for residential areas and lavish business development modules. This area gives Dubai a luxurious feel of the accommodation, real estate, and hospitality sector.
Advantages of Setting up a Business in Dubai Mainland
It's a great decision to begin your organization in Dubai. When it comes to business setup in Dubai, the following are the traits that pull an investor towards investing further:
- Zero Taxation- none in the case of corporate or personal tax
- No limitation in getting employment visas and an easy recruitment process.
- Limited restrictions on a minimum capital requirement.
- No yearly auditing
- No restrictions on processing legal documents
- No restrictions on recruitment
- Low import duty
- Ease of getting affordable space with flexible rent or lease for office anywhere.
Procedure for Dubai Mainland Company Formation?
The process is quite simple and straightforward, just like any other incorporation in the UAE. Here's how you can register your business in Dubai Mainland –
- Decide on the business activity you want to operate in Dubai
- Get a Local Service Agent who will own 51% of shares in your business
- Check for location suitability, accessibility and cost
- Obtain initial approval from the Department of Economic Development Dubai
- Having office space is mandatory in Dubai mainland. A registered office address is required for the issuance of a trade license. Information regarding ownership agreement or tenancy can be produced as evidence of a registered address.
- If all the prerequisites mentioned above are satisfied, you may apply for a Dubai mainland license. DED is the agency that issues the mainland license in Dubai, UAE
- Submit all the relevant documents connected with company incorporation to the Commercial registration department and DED and pay the required license fee
Documents Required to Business Setup in Dubai Mainland
- License Application
- Attested LLC agreement
- Required governmental forms
- Name reservation and initial approval certificates
- External departments approval
- Tenancy contract
- EJARI registration certificate
- Copy of NOC for partners
- Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry Registration
If you are new to Dubai or UAE and have doubts regarding company incorporation and license issuance, it is advisable to entrust the job to an experienced business consultant. Commitbiz's Business Set up Services can assist you through the entire tasks associated with mainland business formation in Dubai and UAE.
Our team has established their credibility in providing services to small, large and medium enterprises. We have set up businesses for international organizations and business owners in Dubai Mainland and understand this area's fundamentals. We are registered agents and provide complete package solutions on company formation, registration, setup, etc. To get more information on our services or jumpstart your mainland business setup Dubai, contact us today.