Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) is one of the oldest and largest business networks in the Middle East. JAFZA is situated at the south-western end of the city-state; Jebel Ali Free Zone or JAFZA was established first in 1985 with office units and expanded its operations in 1990 with light industrial facilities. JAFZA is also the first Free Zone in Dubai and the world to obtain an ISO certification in 1996.
As a business owner, if doubt still clouds your mind about starting your company in JAFZA, the phenomenal growth story makes this place worthwhile for our attention. Since its inception, JAFZA has had 300 fold growth in its member strength in the last few years. From 19 companies in 1985 to 8000+ companies from over 100 countries, sustaining over 135000 jobs and now attracts more than 20% of the UAE's foreign direct investment.
Jebel Ali Free Zone is one of the most sought-after Free Zone locations in Dubai with such a legacy and world-class infrastructure. The AED 2.5 Billion Jebel Ali free Zone convention centre complex is the perfect podium for businesses in JAFZA to nurture ties in a setting of modern ergonomics and efficiency. Along with these facilities, JAFZA also has Business Towers, luxurious business hotels, convention centre specifically to cater to the business community.
Advantages of Jebel Ali Freezone Company Setup
Foreign companies operating in JAFZA benefit from exemptions and incentives to work in this Free Zone. Most enterprises in the Jebel Ali Free Zone deal with exports.
Among the incentives that foreign investors benefit from are:
- Full ownership of companies
- Easy to set up in Jebel Ali Free Zone: The company set up process is easy, straightforward and fast. The only requirement is what type of business the owner is planning to start. Once the form of establishment is decided, business operations can begin in 10 days after completion of the necessary documentation.
- Multiple Visa without committing to an office: One of the reasons entrepreneurs choose JAFZA is that it allows three permits without a physical office space.
- Full repatriation of capital and profits- leading to a straightforward business registration process.
- There is no minimum share capital for setting up a company in this Free Zone
- The shareholder's responsibility is limited to the capital invested in the company.
- There are no corporate or personal income taxes
- Also, there are no currency restrictions
- Easy to sponsor dependants.
- The location of JAFZA is a strategic selling point. It has one of the most advanced warehouse facilities, also the most developed port in the region. A comprehensive transport infrastructure makes Jebel Ali a popular choice with large companies that regularly trade with the rest of the world – offering as it makes the fastest connection to shipments from Asia, Africa, the Russian Commonwealth (CIS), and elsewhere.
Business Activities Permitted in JAFZA
The list of activities is quite vast; the following license categories are offered:
- General Trading
A company with service activity can be registered only as a branch of an existing UAE Mainland entity.
Types of Licenses Available for JAFZA Company Registration
Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone issues various kinds of company licences
General Trading Licence
This license enables the holder to import, distribute and store all items according to the rules and regulations of Jafza.
This license enables the holder to import, export, distribute and store items specified on the permit.
This license enables the holder to import raw materials, manufacture specified products and export the finished product to any country.
This license enables the holder to carry out the services indicated in the licence within the Free Zone. The kind of service must fit in with the license of the parent company, issued by the Economic Department or Municipality of the applicable Emirate in the UAE
National Industrial Licence
This license is intended for manufacturing companies with an ownership or shareholding of no less than 51% with AGCC (Arabian Gulf Co-operation Council) nationals/natives. The value added to the item in the Free Zone must add up to at least 40%. This company license enables the holder the same status as a local or AGCC inside the UAE.
Requirements to Incorporate a Business in JAFZA
The company incorporation process in JAFZA is relatively straightforward, as discussed above. But here are some requirements you must know before going forward.
- A free zone company requires between two and five shareholders.
- A free zone establishment needs one shareholder.
- Branch offices for foreign companies wanting to expand in Dubai.
Jebel Ali Free Zone Company Registration
Jebel Ali Freezone Authority is the regulatory body that authorizes the registration of companies in the freezone. The steps are simple and straightforward –
- Decide on a company name
- Decide on business activity to obtain the license
- Get an initial approval from the authority
- Submit documents and pay fees
- Get an office space
Documents Required to Register Company in JAFZA
Documentation for setting up a business in JAFZA is relatively simple and depends on the investor or business owner's selection for the company format. Following are the documents which all companies have to provide:
- An application form for business setup in JAFZA
- Environmental health and safety application form
- Shareholders, managers and secretary's passport copies.
- A description of the company's activities
- The company's articles of association.
Setting up your business with Commitbiz Business Setup Consultants
Company formation in a new location requires local knowledge of all the best possible alternatives available to the business owner. In this era of entrepreneurship and startup business ecosystem, it becomes necessary to have a hassle-free system to jump-start your business. Jebel Ali Free Zone matches the exact measures that an entrepreneur or an established business house is looking for from a Free Zone. The Speedy system and world-class infrastructure, and proximity to local ports and airports, together with the prime location and benefits, make JAFZA one of the best places to form your corporation. To know further kindly contact us. We will be happy to assist you further.