Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) is one of the oldest and largest business networks in the Middle East. JAFZA is situated at the southwestern end of the city state, Jebel Ali Free Zone or JAFZA was established first in 1985 with office units and expanded its operations in 1990 with light industrial facilities. JAFZA is also the first Free Zone in Dubai and the world to obtain an ISO certification in 1996.
As a business owner, if doubt still clouds your mind about starting your company in JAFZA, the phenomenal growth story makes this place worthwhile for our attention. In the last few years since its inception, JAFZA has had 300 fold growth in its member strength. From 19 companies in 1985 to 8000+ companies from over 100 countries, sustaining over 135000 jobs and now attracts more than 20% of the UAE’s foreign direct investment.
Now with such legacy and world class infrastructure make Jebel Ali Free Zone one of the most sought after Free Zone locations in Dubai. The AED 2.5 Billion Jebel Ali free Zone convention center complex is the perfect podium for businesses in JAFZA to nurture ties in a setting of modern ergonomics and efficiency. Along with these facilities, JAFZA also has Business Towers, luxurious business hotels, convention center, specifically to cater the business community.
Foreign companies operating in JAFZA benefit from exemptions and incentives to work in this Free Zone. Most enterprises in the Jebel Ali Free Zone deal with exports. Among the incentives that foreign investors benefit are:
- Full ownership of companies
- Easy to set up in Jebel Ali Free Zone: The company set up process is easy straightforward and fast. The only requirement is what type of business the owner is planning to start, and once the form of establishment is decided, post completion of necessary documentation, business operations can begin in 10 days.
- Multiple Visa without committing to an office: One of the reasons entrepreneurs choose JAFZA, as it allows three permits without the need for a physical office space.
- Full repatriation of capital and profits- leading to the easy business registration process.
- There is no minimum share capital for setting up a company in this Free Zone
- The shareholder's responsibility is limited to the capital invested in the company.
- There are no corporate or personal income taxes
- Also, there are no currency restrictions
- Easy to sponsor dependants.
- Location of JAFZA is a strategic selling point. It has one of the most advanced warehouse facilities, also the most developed port in the region. A comprehensive transport infrastructure makes Jebel Ali a popular choice with large companies that regularly trade with the rest of the world – offering as it makes the fastest connection to shipments from Asia, Africa, the Russian Commonwealth (CIS), and elsewhere.
Company incorporation process in JAFZA is relatively straightforward as discussed above. Here are some of the processes
- A free zone company requires between two and five shareholders.
- A free zone establishment needs one shareholder.
- Branch offices for foreign companies wanting to expand in Dubai.
Documentation for setting up a business in JAFZA is fairly simple and depends on the investor or business owner’s selection for the company format. Following are the documents which all companies have to provide:
- An application form for business setup in JAFZA
- Environmental health and safety application form
- Shareholders, managers and secretary’s passport copies.
- A description of the company’s activities
- The company’s articles of association.
Setting up your business with Business Setup Management Consultants
Company formation in a new location requires local knowledge of all the best possible alternatives available to the business owner. In this era of entrepreneurship and startup business ecosystem, it becomes necessary to have a hassle free system to jump start your business. Jebel Ali Free Zone matches the exact measures that an entrepreneur or an established business house is looking for from a Free Zone. The Speedy system along with world class infrastructure and proximity to local ports and airports, altogether the prime location and benefits make JAFZA one of the best places to form your corporation. To know further kindly write to us at email@example.com we will be happy to assist you further.