E-Channel is a new smart service system which will help in naturalizations and residency services. The Interior Ministry of the UAE launched this smart service system to improve the speed and precision of issuing visa and residence permits. E-channel will remove the need for applicants to physically visit the service centers. E-channel system was launched by replacing the FAWRI system to register the companies and carry on MOI (immigration) services and Visa application.
The UAE Ministry of Interior joined hands with Tahaluf Al Emarat Technical Solutions and developed this e-services system that allows companies, typing centers, and individuals to apply for residency and naturalization services. By using the new ‘E-channel’ services, UAE citizens and residents can apply for a visa, check visa status, follow up and also print their services. Companies can submit their applications without having to visit the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs centers.
The UAE government eliminated the FAWRI system and introduced the new MOI system, i.e., ‘E-Channels’ from 18th December 2017. Now all the companies need to switch to E-channel in order to process their visas and naturalization.
How to Register for the E-Channel Portal?
The E-channel has its own online immigration portal that is designed to access and use with ease. If your company is registered in the free zone, then you should use your free zone details to log in.
- First and foremost, you must register in the E-channel portal via free zone appointed and other typing centers. Another way to get started is to visit the E-Channel website and select either individual or establishment option and click the “Registration” button.
- After clicking on “Registration”, you need to enter your e-mail address. Further instructions regarding the registration process will be sent there. Once you receive a confirmation email from the Ministry of Interior (MOI), and then click on the ‘Complete Registration’ link to proceed to create a profile.
- Then fill in your establishment details, i.e., your establishment card number and sponsor unified number and click “Next”. After that, fill in the user details and password and click the “Register” button.
- After analyzing the details, the portal will register your details and also send a confirmation email to the registered email ID.
The E-channel fee structure is as follows:
New ApplicationAED 2,300
Security Deposit [refundable only on cancellation of trade license/establishment card]AED 5,025
E-Services FeesAED 30
MOI FeesAED 22
Electronic Payment FeesAED 98
Typing ChargesAED 150
Total Fee for E-Channel RegistrationAED 7,325
Renewal Fee (Annual)AED 1,000
The fee for registration may vary depending on the Emirate your company is located in.
Benefits of E-Channel System
E-channel was launched as a part of the ‘UAE 2021’ vision under the slogan ‘Smart Services with Future Vision’. This immigration system was introduced with a motive of easing the visa and immigration system as the requirement for visas and naturalization had increased in the past few years.
Here are some of the benefits of the E-channel system in the UAE:
- Businesses and individuals both can apply for visas, residence permits, and entry permits through a single online portal, rather than visiting a typing center or immigration office.
- It removes the need for hard copies of the documents to be submitted to the immigration centers and aims at improving the efficiency of processing the documents and application all across the Emirates.
- The entire process from applying for a visa or permit to paying the registration fee has been made online
- The biggest benefit of this that the visa check for residents of Dubai and other Emirates can be done just sitting at home.
- This system helps the MOI in processing the application faster and more efficiently.
- All the activities like license applications, visas, amendments, upgrades, renewals, and other immigration activities are pooled under one roof and made completely online.
- E-channel eradicates the filling out of the excessive paperwork at the immigration centers and reduces their burden.
- By the year 2018, E-channel will reduce the need to visit the immigration centers and other government services in the UAE.
E-channel is indeed a revolutionary step, and an imminent one in this digital era. Thanks to it, business setup in the UAE has been further simplified. To know more about the e-channel smart service system and how it can be helpful to you, contact us – we’d be glad to help.