Health stands as one of the enormous wealth that an individual possess. Time and money are considered essential for survival, but good health stands as a boon. In the modern world, the health issues have been continually rising, which turns out to be a matter of great concern. On a global front, the healthcare industry has stood as one of the most profitable business, solving almost 75% of worldwide health issues. According to a recent report, the global healthcare expenditures are estimated to reach USD 10.059 trillion by 2022, which makes it as a booming industry.
Considering the above-stated fact, the United Arab Emirates have strategized to improvise the healthcare scenario in the country. On the other hand, it also invites foreign investors to come and invest in the healthcare industry. Starting a business in the UAE has been made more comfortable now, that provokes the investors, business owners and entrepreneurs to come forward and invest. This blog will take you through the Dubai Healthcare Strategy, which has been set by the Government, and possessing knowledge on this will help you to invest smartly.
Dubai Health Strategy 2016-2021
In the year 2016, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, initiated the Dubai Health Strategy 2021, to streamline the healthcare industry in Dubai. This new strategy holds four main approaches, six objectives, fifteen programs and ninety-three initiatives that have been implementing since then. The five-year plan stands as an excellent challenge for Dubai to transform itself into a global medical hub. Brilliant minds that include 11,000 employees of Dubai Healthcare Authority, directors and owners of pharmaceutical companies, insurance agencies have drafted the overall strategy. Let’s proceed ahead and have a look at the divisions focused.
Core Focused Sectors
According to the set priorities, fifteen core areas have been targeted by the government.
1.Care Model Innovation
The care model has been designed to focus more on innovation techniques when it comes to the healthcare sector. The focus lies on:
- Introducing telemedical solutions
- Developing strategies and meeting the needs of special patients
- Innovative medical technologies
- Enhance the home and remote care
- Develop the pharmaceutical sector
- Improvise the rehabilitation centres
- Innovate long-term delivery of care
It becomes a great challenge to satisfy the above-stated needs of a nation. Also, these demands have opened up opportunities for business and tech freaks who are seeking out new ways to set a ground for their technological innovations on a global platform.
2.Prevention and Health Lifestyle
When it comes to prevention and healthcare, core attention is laid on:
- Developing prevention policies and guidelines for the general public
- Enhancing hygiene knowledge in the schools
- Develop and update the vaccination program in the country
- Revamp the health education curriculum
- Establish personalized genetic profiling
3.Public Health and Safety
The next move is to improve public health and safety. To move ahead on this, the following conditions are focused:
- Enhance knowledge of occupational health
- Participate in the development of food and water strategy
- Participate in the event of national strategy and road safety
- Take precautions and necessary actions on disaster and crisis management
The primary care has been highlighted as one of the top priorities and is dedicated to improving the delivery process of the child. New innovations are to be made on improving the maternal and child health and to build a robust system to meet the emergencies.
5.Oral and Dental Care/ Mental Health/ Chronic Disease Management
Awareness programs are to be created to spread knowledge of oral and dental care. Infusion of technology to develop innovative techniques are way forward to bring a transformation in the dental protocol.
Similar steps are to be taken to improve the mental health of the existing and new patients. New strategies are to be developed and implement in the nation accordingly.
6.Enhance Medical Tourism
Over the years, Dubai has turned up to be an excellent destination for medical tourism. With the advancement of technology and science, the region has accepted new methods and techniques to improvise and uplift the medical and phrmaceutical sector, which ultimately attracts international tourists to come forward and choose Dubai as their ultimate cure destination.
The Government has adopted the necessary steps in improvising the medical tourism business and is also looking forward to investors to invest.
7.Establishing Centres of Excellence
Dubai ultimately believes in excelling the quality of services provided. To give a new shift to Dubai Health Strategy 2021, and to step-in in becoming a global medical hub, the region focuses on excelling in the following grounds:
- Establishing Oncology COE
- Establishing Cardiovascular COE
- Establishing Orthopedics/ Sports Medicine/ Trauma COE
- Establish Neurology/ Neurosurgery COE
- Establish Ophthalmology COE
- Promote clinical research activities for the related COEs
- Enhance clinical training programs for the COE specialists
8.Governance (Regulation and Service Delivery)
To work on the above-stated proceedings, the network needs to be developed. The Government takes the following considerations to build a robust framework:
- Revamp and restructure overseas treatment services
- Develop funds to support the healthcare projects
- Uplift DHA to win more excellence awards
- Transform and engage DHA work
- Establish the Dubai healthcare Governance Framework
9.Promote Workforce and Medical Education
New initiatives have been adopted to promote medical education and educate young minds. This also blends in building new pathways for the workforce to come forward and earn their living. Steps are taken forward to provide the world-class infrastructures to the medical institutions.
10.Enhance Medical Technology
Collaborating the medical with technology has reflected in numerous miracles. This move of the Emirati government allows the medical science to upgrade to the next level, and also generates enormous opportunities for business owners.
11.Health Insurance and Financing
Now, you might be wondering that starting a business in Dubai would end up costing a bomb. Well, to solve the issue, the Government has also focused on business financing. Specific steps below-mentioned have been initiated:
- Regulate and update the prices of healthcare services across Dubai
- Develop visitor’s insurance scheme
- Establish insurance packages for medical tourists
- Provide coverage for prevention and screening
- Implement pay for outcome schemes
- Update and implement the fraud-detection program
Various strategies have been adopted to strengthen business partnerships and investments in the region. Well, now you might be wondering regarding the business opportunities that you can go ahead, right? Your answer is right below.
Business Opportunities in Dubai
By now, you have got a clear idea that the implementation of Dubai Health Strategy 2021 will have a massive impact on the medical industry. The country has got a dedicated zone regarded as “Dubai Healthcare City” that holds numerous business establishment opportunities. The DHC stands as one of the fastest developing free zones in Dubai. The business investment options are not limited only to the medical field. You can also focus on the following domains:
- Manufacturing of Pharmaceutical Products
- Manufacturing of Medical Equipment
- Starting a hospital business in Dubai
- Opening a Medical Shop in Dubai
- Starting an Insurance Company
- Travel and Tourism Business
- Starting a Medical Institution in Dubai
By the end of 2020, the business industries in Dubai will be achieving a different shift as the Dubai Expo 2020 is on its way. Setting up a business in UAE turns out to be a smart option while being unaware of the legal proceedings might turn out to be an issue at the initial start. Having a guide by your side can make the process much easier and faster.
We at Commitbiz Consultants are dedicated to providing hassle-free business incorporation services to our esteemed clients. You can focus on your business planning as our experts are there to take care of your business incorporation needs. Our experts take the in-charge of understanding your business requirements and provide tailored solutions, that makes us one of the top business consultants in the UAE. If you are looking forward to setting up your business in Dubai, do contact us today-we’d be glad to assist.