Dubai CommerCity is the first and leading freezone purely dedicated to e-commerce. The newly built freezone capitalized on the exponential boom that eCommerce and online retailers have seen over the last few years in the UAE. The freezone provides a unique eCommerce ecosystem to global and regional brands to help them set up and operate their eCommerce business in the MENA region. The freezone is a joint venture between two state-owned enterprises – the Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA) and property firm Wasl.
Advantages Provided by Dubai CommerCity to New Businesses
The Dubai CommerCity has exceptional competitive advantages that make it one of the most attractive free zones for foreign direct investment. Some of the benefits are –
Gateway to Regional Markets
It operates as a unique gateway for Dubai and UAE to access a promising international economic sector. It provides direct access for eCommerce shareholders in the MENA and South Asia regions.
The new free zone is located near the Dubai International Airport and is well-connected to the main local and national highways.
It provides world-class cargo and logistics services and a combined and refined infrastructure with easy access to seaport and land, enabling swift and efficient distribution and delivery of services that are essential to competing in the world of eCommerce and minimizing supply chain costs.
Like any other free zones in Dubai, CommerCity will also benefit from full ownership, repatriation of capital, no currency restrictions, personal and corporate tax, zero customs duty, and much more.
Business Setup in Dubai CommerCity Freezone
Dubai CommerCity provides a unique platform for e-commerce businesses to benefit from the growing e-commerce opportunity in the region. Other than the special e-commerce licenses, pre-negotiated partnerships, strong ties with other government authorities, and flexible price structures, the on-site presence of e-commerce ecosystem players provides a solid foundation for any start-up or already established e-commerce venture.
Dubai CommerCity provides a comprehensive turnkey e-commerce solution and tailored e-commerce enablement services offered by industry specialists, taking your business to new heights. You can have your e-commerce business set up within the freezone, and in return, you will have the stimulating environment your business needs to thrive in the UAE. Whether it is setting up your e-commerce business strategy or your online store, your warehouse logistics and last-mile or your localization strategies, Dubai CommerCity is your full-service e-commerce partner offering turnkey 'e-commerce in a box.'
The steps to set up a business in Dubai CommerCity freezone is –
- Decide on a legal structure of the business
- Decide on a trading name, making sure that your name is not the same as that of any other business in the UAE.
- Apply for your selected license type. Pay fees for obtaining a license, registering a trading name and business setup in CommerCity. The different types of permits are –
- Trade License – For carrying out general trading. import-export, distribution, storage of permitted products
- Service License – For starting online services like consulting, marketing, tuition, education, IT, and more online.
- Commercial License– For companies to undertake light manufacturing activities, packaging, assembly, and selling the product in UAE
- Ecommerce License – The e-commerce License enables traders to sell goods and services online using a portal, website, or social media.
- Take initial approval certificate for starting a new business in DCC.
- Choose an office space. There is a wide range of office spaces for setting up your company in Dubai CommerCity. Broadly, there are three zones:
- Business Centre – For shared, furnished office locations
- Logistics Cluster – For storage, distribution, light manufacturing, delivery, assembling, etc.
- Social Cluster – For cafeteria, food courts, business support services-typing centre, et
Services Provided by Dubai CommerCity
A range of services provided by this Dubai freezone includes –
- Business setup and customs support
- Ecommerce strategy consulting
- Ecommerce technology platform and services
- Warehousing and last-mile delivery
- Digital marketing and customer analytics
- Ecommerce business support services
How can we assist you?
Commitbiz takes pride in helping 5000+ entrepreneurs set up their businesses in UAE. If you are a budding entrepreneur and want to set up a business in Dubai CommerCity freezone, then we can assist you. Our consultants have years of experience in this field and can make the process hassle-free. Contact us today!