Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone is one of the UAE’s most financially and strategically prominent free zones and a premium metropolis built around the Abu Dhabi International Airport. It is spread over an area of more than 1 square kilometers. It includes five commercial districts under its administration, namely, Logistics Park, Business Park, Destination Village, Al Falah District, and Airport City. The freezone provides comprehensive warehousing and fully serviced office solutions, along with several other significant and unique advantages. Some of them are mentioned as under –
- Exemption from corporate and income tax
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- No custom duties
- Proximity to the airport to facilitate exports and imports
- Quick, and easy business registration and licensing within the “One-Stop-Shop.”
- 24/7 security and access to facilities
- In-house IT and telecommunications facilities
- Independent guidelines
- Easy entrée to regional markets
- World Class, congestion-free serviced facilities
- On-site customs inspection
- Online customer service
The all-inclusive environment in the Airport free zone also comprises of recreational, residential, retail, and lifestyle facilities, letting businesses and their employees to function and flourish long-term. Businesses are offered opportunities to operate from a genuinely empowering platform, located at the center of one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, with easy access to a market of over 4 billion, spread across the Middle East and the Asia Pacific.
To start a business in Abu Dhabi Airport free zone, you must be aware of a few procedures and formalities. Keep reading to know about them.
Types of Business Entities in Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone
The Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone permits three main types of corporate entities. They are –
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC) Corporate - A company or a legal entity formed by a corporate or business entity. The minimum capital requirement depends on the activity.
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC) Natural/Individual - A company or a legal entity formed by a natural person or an individual. The minimum capital requirement depends on business activity.
- Branch of a Foreign Company - A branch of an existing foreign or local company in Dubai Airport Free Zone. No minimum share capital required.
Target Sectors in Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone
The resolution of Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone is to create a unique and preferred business destination for international and local organizations in the following sectors:
- Airport services
- IT & Telecommunication
- Consultancy management
- Light industries
- Marketing & Events
- Other service providers engaged in aviation-friendly and light industrial activities seeking to gain advantage from proximity to the airport for import and export purposes
Procedure to Register a Company in Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone
The business setup procedures in the Airport free zone are simple and straight-forward –
You need to obtain initial approval from the free zone authorities. To get the approval, you need to submit the following documents –
- Completed business registration application form
- Business plan
- Copy of existing trade license/registration certificate (if you are an existing company)
- Colour passport copies of the company’s shareholder(s) and the appointed a manager for the new ADAFZ company
- Two years audited financial reports for a corporate entity or certificate of reference from a personal bank of the individual shareholder (for branch office)
Under this step, you need to pay license fees and registration fees to the Airport free zone authorities and additional approvals if your license requires one. The documents to be provided under this step are –
- Submit the completed application for registration
- Board resolution appointing Manager (notarized and attested)
- Memorandum & Articles of Association (notarized and attested)
- Specimen signature of Manager (notarized and attested)
- Power of Attorney given to Manager (notarized and attested)
- Passport size photo with the white background of Manager
3.Licensing and Visa Process
The final step includes signing a lease agreement. Once the procedure is completed, the license will be issued immediately, after which the visa processing will start.
If these steps are too much for you, then consult business setup consultants in the UAE like Commitbiz who will complete the procedure for you in a hassle-free manner. Our specialists have years of experience in this field and can have handled lots of legal formalities. Contact us today for more information.