Jebel Ali Free Zone (Jafza) is a part of Dubai based, state owned Economic Zones World, one of the world's biggest developers of Economic Zones, Logistics and R&D driven Industrial Parks.
Jafza is one of the world's most services driven, customer centric free zones. Free from of red tape and restrictions, Jafza provides its customers an environment which is most conducive for growth. Jafza's deep commitment to service excellence has enabled it to win ISO 9001:2000 certification in 1996, making it the world's first ISO accredited free zone.
The incredible journey from a base of 19 member companies has manifested itself into a present where Jafza is a globally renowned commercial and industrial hub, home to nearly 6,000 companies from over 110 countries.
Located next to Jebel Ali Port, the largest port in the Middle East and, at 30 minutes drive from the Dubai International Airport, Jebel Ali Free Zone is well positioned to enable its partners the fastest possible access to a market of over 2 billion people in the South and West Asia, the CIS and Africa. Supported with the region's extensive highway network Jafza presents itself as the most efficient partner for all types of businesses.
Type of license available
- A General Trading Licence allows the holder to import, distribute and store all items as per Jafza rules and regulations.
- A Trading Licence allows the holder to import, export, distribute and store items specified on the licence. An Industrial Licence allows the holder to import raw materials, carry out the manufacture of specified products and export the finished product to any country.
- A Service Licence allows the holder to carry out the services specified in the licence within the Free Zone. The type of service must conform to the parent company's licence, issued by the Economic Department or Municipality of the relevant Emirate in the UAE.
- A National Industrial Licence is designed for manufacturing companies with an ownership or shareholding of at least 51% AGCC (Arabian Gulf Co-operation Council). The value added to the product in the Free Zone must amount to a minimum of 40%. This licence allows the holder the same status as a local or AGCC inside the UAE.
- 100% foreign ownership: Jafza allows its clients to operate as a wholly owned entity, without any need for local partnership
- 0% Corporate tax for a period of 50 years, a concession that is renewable.
- Companies may transfer any capital as required 0% import or re-export duties
- 0% personal income tax No currency restrictions
- No restriction on hiring foreign employees
- The facility to mortgage owned premises on leased land. A company established in the Free Zone that has built its own facility may mortgage its premises to any bank or financing company for any of their debts or obligations
- Access to abundant energy makes it cost-effective for clients to conduct production operations.
Please contact a Commit executive for more details